Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Map download
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Map download

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zzr1200
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: New Map download Reply with quote

Hi,

I have TT6 but ideally want to update maps. I cannot install TT Home on my works computer due to Administrator rights. Must you have 'Home' to download the maps?

Thanks
Clavain
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know, but since Tomtom Home isn't ready for prime time, ie it doesn't work properly the question is rather academic.

Clavain
martike
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to see someone else thinks that TomTom Home isn't the best application in the world. In fact, I think it's awful. Could it be that in trying to make it usable by all their customers for all of their devices they've reduced it to such a basic configuration that it doesn't do anything particularly well ?
Greenglide
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While TT Home is not the best or most intuitive piece of software around I have seen worse! It does work for me although the process for upgrading from TTN5 to TTN6 was not straightforward. I do sympathise for those who cannot get the software to work though.

As for the original question I believe the only way to get downloadable TTN6 maps is through TT Home. Once they are downloaded via Home they can be installed manually though.

If you only have a work computer without administrator rights can you not borrow a friends PC to do the download and then copy the map(s) from the default directory within My Documents to CD / DVD? Then you can install them from your work computer without needing adminstrator rights.

I believe in other threads people have managed to get TTN6 maps by direct download by contacting TT Support (surely an oxymoron) when Home didnt work Rolling Eyes
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi zzr1200
When I downloaded the Seamless maps of Western Europe last December I bypassed Tomtom Home completely. I followed the advice gleaned from this Forum and the download of the maps was quite simple. Consequently I have never bothered to install Tomtom Home.
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: