Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - The FREE PocketGPSWorld.com SatNav Expo 21st April 10am-4pm
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

The FREE PocketGPSWorld.com SatNav Expo 21st April 10am-4pm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Meets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nmi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just made my way back from the show.

Interesting to see and compare the units on display including the Garmin I was looking at purchasing as well as some other vendors I haven't come across, so work starts again to see if its still the best one!

I was a little disappointed that it wasn't possible to purchase units at the show, I'd have thought it was a perfect time to have some kind of 'show offer' but clearly this wasn't the intention.

Shame.

nmi
alistairm1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really good show.
I am trying to find a replacement satnav as my old one is getting, well, old.
I have been trawling through the forums looking for recommendations to help in the search, but nothing beats a bit of hands on(!!).
I attended with my list of three postcodes which have caused problems in the past, and was able to test these with all the satnavs on offer. I got some unusual results, and very little consistency, considering there are only two main map suppliers, a bit of an eye-opener.
However, it did help me decide on the unit I wanted, but, despite having the cash in hand, I couldn't buy one Sad Still, no "show day" discount but still the chance to arm-wrestle someone on Tottenham Court Road Laughing

Many thanks to you all for organising this show.
I had a great time, especially on the viaMichelin stand.
alibee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well organised show, lots of great info and enough time to really get a hands-on feel for the units/software/accesories.

Thanks to all the staff from PGPSW and the manufacturers, they couldn't have been more friendly or informative. :D

Cheers,

Ali
p800
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good show, and a great chance to see and try all the various makes without some sales person on your back. A reasonable selection of freebies - I'll wear my Navman hat with pride Laughing

I even got to meet the famous "DennisN"

Thanks for putting the show on, and I reckon the POCKEWTGPSWORLD staff deserve a good drink tonight.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

p800 wrote:
A good show, and a great chance to see and try all the various makes without some sales person on your back. A reasonable selection of freebies - I'll wear my Navman hat with pride Laughing

I even got to meet the famous "DennisN"

Does that mean you stayed behind when I left and you've impersonated me to nick my raffle prizes when they were drawn in my absence? Evil or Very Mad I hope you're not going to try the same trick with my March/April Competition prize?

p800 wrote:
Thanks for putting the show on, and I reckon the POCKEWTGPSWORLD staff deserve a good drink tonight.

If you'd been there LAST night you might have noticed them just slightly anticipating your sentiments. Wink In fairness, though, I've personally experienced putting up show stands and they do deserve a "plause" (even though it looks like they've ALL given my raffle prizes to an imposter).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
browny1978
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really good show - opened my eyes to all those other companies out there, and walked away with loads of freebies - wont be visiting WH Smiths for a while.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
(even though it looks like they've ALL given my raffle prizes to an imposter).

EDIT ... looks like they've given All my raffle prizes...

edit on second thoughts, perhaps "looks like they've ALL given my raffle prizes..."

trafficsign
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Sandown Park Reply with quote

Hi

Many thanks to the Team for another excellent event. I was lucky enough to strike up a conversation with alix776 and he provided a lot of useful information. Can I suggest that at any future event members display a name badge with user name so that ordinary folk like me can identify them and make an approach if convenient.

Regards
trafficsign
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Sandown Park Reply with quote

trafficsign wrote:
Many thanks to the Team for another excellent event. I was lucky enough to strike up a conversation with alix776 and he provided a lot of useful information. Can I suggest that at any future event members display a name badge with user name so that ordinary folk like me can identify them and make an approach if convenient.

I have to say "Here, Here" to all this praise. In order to soft soap Vera into letting me do geek, I took her down the night before and we stayed in the same hotel as the guru Mekons and she let me go geek with them in the bar. I had a really good time and they were kind to me. It would have been good for them to have nameplates, I agree (I mean, having never met any of them, I was quite convinced what they would look like, so it took a long time to discover they were standing next to me). I had my best trip out in a very long time (I don't get out a lot - the guards worry if I'm out on my own). I think the Mekons are getting their own back by refusing to tell me where to look to see the raffle ticket winning numbers.

Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Sandown Park Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
It would have been good for them to have nameplates, I agree (I mean, having never met any of them, I was quite convinced what they would look like, so it took a long time to discover they were standing next to me).

I know that Bo Peep looks like her Avatar, but did I look like what you were expecting? Laughing Out of here

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But they must have recognised you, Dennis, from your avatar. Laughing

And by the way, I wish you'd remove the picture of your grandad's teeth from your sig. I have a weak stomach, and when I read your posts I have to position it so the teeth are off the bottom of the screen. Mr. Green
Samsung Galaxy S21
EyesUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Raffle Reply with quote

I turned up fairly early in the morning, and bought 5 raffle tickets. I was told that the raffle would be drawn later that day and that it did not matter if I was not there at the drawing, since my raffle prize would be set aside for me to collect later. I was also told that the winning ticket numbers would be posted on this web site. Where are they, please? Have I won something wonderful?
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see everyone yesterday, seems a good day was had by all. Thanks to all who attended!

Unfortunately, a retailer we had in place found they couldn't make it at the last moment . Whilst there was some stuff on sale, we also felt that there could have been more. We'll make sure there is next time.

The raffle will be drawn as soon as MikeB sorts himself out on his return from Sandown. Last time I saw him (a couple of hours ago) he was en route from the hotel to Sandown to collect the last of the equipment.

Thanks also to all the exhibitors for their support and for the wonderful prizes donated for the Great Ormond Street Hospital draw.

We're thinking of holding the next exhibition in the Manchester area. Any suggestions for venues that can hold 2 or 3 thousand of us?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbrady wrote:
The raffle will be drawn as soon as MikeB sorts himself out on his return from Sandown.............

I seem to remember the raffle was drawn yesterday afternoon, its just the results that need posting?

Haydock Park Race course
Pontifract Race Course
Manchester United
Manchester City
Reebock

Just a few that spring to mind, I actually mentioned Haydock to Alix on the drive home as we passed it on the motorway - Mike
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbrady wrote:

The raffle will be drawn as soon as MikeB sorts himself out on his return from Sandown. Last time I saw him (a couple of hours ago) he was en route from the hotel to Sandown to collect the last of the equipment.

Actually that should read Darren sorts himself out...

Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Meets All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: