Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT Rider V2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT Rider V2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
desd
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: TT Rider V2 Reply with quote

I realise its a bit early to start the name calling as nobody has seen this yet but reading the bumf on the TT website apparently they have the "world’s leading motorcycle mount".
Is this the same one they had to start giving free lanyards for so you didnt lose your rider??
Much better than the Zumo with free security screwdriver to ensure that the clamps can never come undone that does seem to be bit of a stretch of the imagination.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the MKII RIDER now comes with a RAM Mount. A much better solution. See the press release images here.

The Scala headset is also a great addition, it's a well respected solution for bikers already and bundled with the RIDER it's still a fair bit cheaper than the equivalent Zumo.
AndyCr15
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the Scala headsets as Rider to Pillion... and they were terrible. Sad Probably fine for TTR mind... I could hear SatNav and my phone very clear, just nothing my Pillion said Sad

www.lanarchy.co.uk for LAN gaming near London
desd
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I prefer the idea of getting Autocom and having it all inside the helmet rather than strapped on the side making even more wind noise.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No noticeable increase in wind noise but then my Caberg flip lid wasn't particularly quiet beforehand!

The mount is superb.
Lardyboy66
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: TT2 Reply with quote

After having a TT1 - which i lost, not before the thing stopped charging in the mount, I got a Zumo which works perfectly with my bluetooth lid (Dinese) Love my TomTom 910 but wouldn't go back to a rider now
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim's now testing both Zumo and RIDER MKII so it will be interesting to have a comparison. Neither I nor Tim have ever had a problem with our MK1's, no charging issues, no worn contacts etc but I can appreciate that for those who have it would have left a sour taste.

The Zumo looks very good but I just don't like Garmin's UI.
Trenery
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to reding the review.
sidtheparrot
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not be too long before we can get our hands on the new Rider 2!
Tomtom have just released the prices on the website.
I've got mine on back order from INKINO and can't wait to try it out; I hope that it's been worth the wait.
It'll be interesting to see how the new rider affects the ebay original rider prices, as people seem to be really paying through the nose for them now.

Chris
gsandy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Rider - crap Reply with quote

Quote:
I think I prefer the idea of getting Autocom and having it all inside the helmet rather than strapped on the side making even more wind noise.

Snag is that Rider II still does not have an audio out. At Sandown Park I asked Tomtom why they had missed this out and was told that it would `compromise the waterproofing'.

What rubbish. They have a power connector - that does not compromise waterproofing, my bike has loads of connectors - they still work in the rain. The Garmin 2720 that I bought after I had enough of the problems with my Rider has worked in all weathers without filling with water - and that has an audio out option.

Tomtom are STILL not listening and their backup is aweful as well.

At Sandown Park I told them what I thought of my Rider (now used by my wife). One of their guys took my details and promised to phone me. He didn't so I eventually phoned them and they were totally uninterested.

To cut a long saga short they eventually agreed to repair it. I sent it back and nearly s month later I am still waiting.They emailed they would replace it aover a week back and would confirm delivery `shortly'. Still waiting.

In conparison I dropped my Garmin and damaged the case. Phoned them to ask cost of repairs. Send it back they said. I did and THREE DAYS later a courier delivered a conplete new system free of charge.

I will never buy anything from Tomtom again

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: