Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sony NV-U50 working with TomTom
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sony NV-U50 working with TomTom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flimber
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done it all and get "Maps Not Found"...Aaaarrghhhh.
cfphoenix
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any mate could please PM me the 1.06 software or nav-u file as I have corrupted mine and sony is not being cooperative (they have 1.05 online).
Thanks - ikhadaroo@gmail.com
ntrabuco
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: TomTom on a sony nv-u51 Reply with quote

Hi, All
Can I install TomTom on a sony nv-u51?
pitirigos
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tail0r,

how did you get winfast navigator to run in the sony NV-U50?
cfphoenix
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yippee, after trying so many versions of tomtom, I could get tomtom6 to work. The gps signal indicator also works.
I was begging for the orginal version 1.06 (which came originally installed when purchased) but now I will stick with tomtom6 on my NV-U50 (I also have the version 1.05 with navteq installed).
Thanks for the help.
Tail0r
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pitirigos,

Sorry it's taken so long to reply, i thought i had email notifications turned on!

Winfast just worked to be honest, it's made for a longer screen so you have to tab and enter to accept some of the settings. If you have any trouble installing it copy it from a working PDA or extract and rename the files as per my TomTom post.
ady4677
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: No tomtom maps found Reply with quote

Hi,

I've followed the instructions and Tomtom is now running but it can't see the maps, I've tried placing them in the mounted volume\ and also Mounted Volume\Tomtom. Any ideas? Thanks
experiment626
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: No tomtom maps found Reply with quote

First thanks Tail0r for the excellent guide on installing tom tom onto the the sony nvu50 CE device.

Excellent instructions and I currently have ditched the sony navtech app after losing 1.06 after reloading my sat nav and also waiting for the map updates from sony and then seeing that sony wants £42 for the updates Laughing Out Loud.... but still no 1.06 update it would be a good idea if sony gave a 1.06 cd with your sat nav incase you needed to reload the unit.... I have talked to sony about this alas without any luck.Last sony sat nav I buy ( u live and learn)

Currently I have tom tom 6 loaded with the speed camera poi's

ady4677 wrote:
Hi,

I've followed the instructions and Tomtom is now running but it can't see the maps, I've tried placing them in the mounted volume\ and also Mounted Volume\Tomtom. Any ideas? Thanks

With the maps you need to have the maps registered i.e to your unit and the maps loaded into Mounted Volume\Tomtom\Britishmaps - for example.

When you are running the tom tom application you can load the maps using the options (change preferences - manage maps).On my unit the Tom tom application just picked the maps I selected.

Please note that you speed cameras / poi's are loaded into the same map directory.
experiment626
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update on running tom tom. I have taken it off and gone back to the sony navtech application .

Two issues with running tom tom
1.The voice level is very low so I have difficulty hearing the directions in the car.
2.The signal pickup when using the tom tom application seems to have degraded. I have experienced alot of signal drop outs which I didn't experience with the sony navtech application.

So I have decided how bad the old maps are the unit doesn't work that well with tom tom .Unless someone has a fix for the above?
Tail0r
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the praise experiment626.

I have noticed that the reception is not as good too, as far as the volume goes though you can increase it further at the desktop before you startup TomTom.
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I didn't want to lose TMC I stuck with the Sony software now that I have updated the maps (today) they have updated the software to give us seven digit post codes. The only thing now is that the new map is over 250mb where the old map was 180mb that is I have less room for speed cameras. As Iam not into running pirated software I would have to buy TomTom and run it on an unsurported platform which by the sound of it doesn't run all that well.
shock
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been running tomtom on it for a while.. yes the reception could be better.. but it works..

the volume is fine for me.. maybe my ears are funny :D
experiment626
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tail0r wrote:
Thanks for the praise experiment626.

I have noticed that the reception is not as good too, as far as the volume goes though you can increase it further at the desktop before you startup TomTom.

Thanks for that tip Tail0r I will give Tom Tom another go with the volume increased in Windows CE on the device although I have experienced a strange muting on the device which may be something to hardware related.

Any parameters of files that can be tweaked in tom tom to improve GPS reception?
gryzor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I hope resurrecting this thread will get someone's attention - someone with more knowledge than mine! ;)

I am trying to follow these procedures to install Destinator (have no idea about TomTom). However, I fail at the first step - getting regedit to run.

I copy regedit to the Startup folder alright, then reset or turn off the machine (U50), but then the Sony app runs just as usual... is there something I'm doing wrong?

Also, from what I understand from the registry files, this hack is not app-specific, right? It just allows you to boot into the desktop?

Thanks in advance,
Themis
gorgo999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys. Im desperatley trying to install tomtom on the nv-u51 with no luck. Tried the procedure for the nv-u50 by extracting cab files and also downloading cab manager so I could change the processor type from strong/arm to wince/all. this seemed to work perfectly. Tomtom recognised the nv-u51 and installed no problem. however when i start tomtom I get the message ........tomtom could not find navigator or one of its components. All the directorys are there and I know Im really close to getting it to work but I need your help badly. Anyone got any ideas?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: