Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New iCN 630 user - can you edit POI's
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New iCN 630 user - can you edit POI's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: New iCN 630 user - can you edit POI's Reply with quote

Just got an icn 630 - fairly impressed so far (except it doesn't know where a few places are - Pinner no longer in Middlesex?).

Does anyone know if it's possible (even if I have to use some 'other' software) to edit POI's

I know there is a folder stotred with POI's - but not sure if it can be / how to edit it.

Thanks in advance

JM
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I do't know the i630 I do know that map providers generally do not allow tampering with the provided POI's All you can do with them is display them or not.

You may be able to add custom POI's but you will not be able to move or delete the built in ones. Soundsbad, and in fact it is bad. But there's nothing you can do about it.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently there's no way of editing POI's, it uses Navman SmartST software which is also used on the Pocket PC version which you can't edit POI's on either.

Navman's response in the past has been really not to have Custom POI's.
jmuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for taking the time to answer and your replies.

This is quite sad news, especially for a £1,000 unit. Sadly the shine of my new purchase is wearing thin after two days.

So far:-

1 error message in red text on top of screen requiring turn off/on.

1 three minute wait to get a fix from start up.

Whilst trying to put all my required locations into the favourites, LOTS of them supposedly didn't exist !! Only found after NOT entering region 1st or browsing the map area and the using OK/Add to favourites.

In two days of actually driving anywhere, 5 roads that have been there for quite a while where not on the map !! 1 of them is even on my old Palm M130/GPS500 city maps !!

Routing seems VERY strange sometimes, picking routes that I would NEVER have picked (I accept that it WOULD at least get you there)

No Ability to set GO VIA in a route? Even a chap I spoke to at www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk was sure it would do that. Even autoroute can do that.

I feel a call to Navman coming on..

Thanks again for your posts.

JM

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: