Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Generating POI's
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Generating POI's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kayak
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Generating POI's Reply with quote

Hi
I want to convert a long list of UK postal addresses into POI's. Doing it manually would take forever: is there any process to speed it up?
Thanks

Ian
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The quickest way is to import the list into AutoRoute and it will do it for you.

There is one small? problem. It won't recognise all Postcode and/or Addresses.

Be aware that if using Postcodes, they are not infallible. The only way to get any accuracy is to use AR and adjust the location manually.

.... and it is a slow process. Smile

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
mugwump
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the postcode converter on the site in my sig should still be running (but it just runs itself and I dont touch it too often anymore so let me know if its not).

The site will convert postcodes to waypoints for you (I know of no faster method, much easier than autoroute)

If there is any interest I have written a google search front end that would provide general lookup capability (ie; you could enter a search in the form of "pubs in canterbury" and it would return a list of pubs as a poi). I have not put this in the front end though but if there is interest I'll get round to it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: