Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Which Receiver type for NavmanGPS 3300/3450
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Which Receiver type for NavmanGPS 3300/3450

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ADB100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Which Receiver type for NavmanGPS 3300/3450 Reply with quote

With the TomTom GPS Driver there isn't a specific option for the GPS 3300 or 3450, only the GPS3000. Is this the one to select or would it be better to use NMEA 083v2 57600?
I am sure I have seen this before with conflicting views, but which is the best or are they both the same?

Thanks

Andy
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is always the technically best solution to use the NMEA 57600 settings.

Who knows what kind of magic they try to pull off with the other settings...Probably just to try and make end users feel comfortable that "their" receiver is listed - or, as in your case, make them feel uncomfortable, because it isn't.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
ErnieS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think yourself Lucky Tomtom's Technical help told me it would not work correctly unless you used TT GPS driver 2.09 and selected it as Navman 3000 and GPS Receiver....... What a load of cobblers it just does not work.

Now if you install the Navman Serial Driver 3.6.1 you can get a fix using:

Tom Tom GPS (iPAQ Sleeve) and Com 4

or

Navman GPS3000 and Com 4

or

NMEA 0183V2 57600 and Navman Driver

But if they will stay working is another story........ And it's getting to be a little like War and Bloody Peace I'm afraid.

But it goes a little like this:

Navman blame Tomtom and the Card Manfacturer, Tomtom blame Navman and the Card Manufacturer but the card manufacturer which in my case is SanDisk say their Ultra II cards are certified to work with the set up and Goodbye.

Tomtom and Navman Agree that the main software, GPS driver and Voice should be installed in the main PDA memory and only the maps should be installed on the memory card..... Fine but it still does not work.

Navman also say sorry but seeing as you are not using SmartST Pro we can't help you and Goodbye.

Tomtom bless their little wooden clogs keep plugging away in the hope I guess that I'll get fed up and go away ....... Little do they know I don't do that!......... Mr. Green

It is good to know no one Blames Hewlett Packard? And my guess is their lawyers get paid more...... So here goess anyone considering buying a Hewlett Packard H5450 IPAQ..... Should think long and hard before parting with cash. Twisted Evil

Oh and if any of the above have an answer if they can demonstrate it working to me I'll buy one but not another penny will I spend unless they do! Oh and as for the it works with Japanese Memory cards just try asking where they are made before you order one and listen to the tripe they give you ........ Ah well it's time to do the rounds with the above again see you all later..... bye !

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: