Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom one new edition POI height & width download
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom one new edition POI height & width download

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpd-telecoms
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: TomTom one new edition POI height & width download Reply with quote

Hi,
Does anyone know of where and if there is a possible download for height & width restriction for a tomtom one? If so what is the procedure?
Thanks for any help.
Kind Regards,
Jon
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a bridgedata base at www.willow-house.co.uk that is free at this will ony warn you that the is a bradge on route it will not avoid it as for weight limits there isnt a database availble.

the procedure is the same as fpr the speed cameras which to copy and paste the bmp and the .ov2 file to you map folder which will be something like GB_plus _major_roads_europe or something to that effect

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
theloxleycountryclub
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: The Willow-House low-bridge database Reply with quote

Hi there. A question about this POI file.

On the website it says that each file contains data about the bridge height relating to the title of that particular file AND of those bridges below that height.

I've downloaded the file containing data on the highest bridges (16'6"). Am I right in thinking that this file will flag the bridges lower than 16'6" also.
tonys66
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it wont to get it to flag individual bridges you will have to do a poi for each size bridge ie 13.6 12.6 16.0 16.6 and so on or if your trailer is say 11.6 high just make a file with all bridges under that hight in it then when it shows on your satnav you will know it is lower than that if you need help with that i think i got some all ready done
theloxleycountryclub
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Bridges POI Database Reply with quote

Thanks Tony.

I drive all heights of vehicles, so here's what I've done. It might help other truckers.

I downloaded all the databases separately onto my PC and then copied and pasted each as separate POIs into my GB-Maps folder.

Then I renamed the POIs as "Bridges - 16'6"" etc, using right-click RENAME.

Now I can choose to alert only the relevant POI that matches my trailer height.
volvofl10
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure about posting links, so try tomtompoi.net
not a bad bridge poi , doesnt show to well on a smart phone, but the POI system is the same as a ONE
Tommy710
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alix776 wrote:
there is a bridgedata base at www.willow-house.co.uk that is free at this will ony warn you that the is a bradge on route it will not avoid it as for weight limits there isnt a database availble.

I've just posted a request for bridges POI in the public area of the forum (I suffer from vertigo so want to avoid driving over big bridges) and now venturing into this area for the first time I have found your link... and that it no longer works! Do you know if that file is still available somewhere? TIA.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy710 wrote:
I have found your link... and that it no longer works! Do you know if that file is still available somewhere?
Try it again. It's working at the moment.Smile

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Tommy710
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
Try it again. It's working at the moment.Smile

Thanks - it was a browser problem (site didn't load in IE5). Sadly this POI file is, logically enough, for low bridges to drive under whereas I'm looking for high bridges to (not) drive over.
BodgerBaz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonys66 wrote:
No it wont to get it to flag individual bridges you will have to do a poi for each size bridge ie 13.6 12.6 16.0 16.6 and so on

Actually, it does work as expected. I also thought that 10' meant 10' and below. I've just opened up the 10' one in PoiEdit and it shows loads of bridges of various heights up to 10'.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: