Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - hi all please help a beginner
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

hi all please help a beginner
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you unzip the speed camera download before loading it to the device? - which format are the files in that you have downloaded, i.e. what is the file extension .csv for example - Mike
Davedk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: saftey camera files Reply with quote

I have The Navman icn 720 and the saftey camera files dont seem to work is this a problem as having already paid my subscription could you help with the problen in hand
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: saftey camera files Reply with quote

Davedk wrote:
I have The Navman icn 720 and the saftey camera files dont seem to work is this a problem as having already paid my subscription could you help with the problen in hand
Welcome to the forums! I'm afraid I can't help you with your ICN 720, but I'm sure someone with more expertise will be along soon. Can you provide us with a little more information about the problem?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
Prodriver
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Did you unzip the speed camera download before loading it to the device? - which format are the files in that you have downloaded, i.e. what is the file extension .csv for example - Mike

Hi Mike,

No I hadn't unzipped the file. I got so frustrated that I deleted both the POI Loader and the camera database. I'm just going to try again!!

Thanks
Nigel
Prodriver
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just downloaded the POI Loader from the Garmin site and the camera database (the one with 24 files).

I ran the POILoader and then downloaded the speed cameras. The speed camera file appears to be zipped - the files are all CSV format.

According to the instructions the POI Loader should find the SD card but it doesn't. Should I just copy the speed camera file to the SD Card?

Nige
Alen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought a new TT1 Europe, and thought right I'll pay me 2 quid and update me camera database (having downloaded the OV2 files about a year ago for my original TT1) but.....
now I'm getting a message when I try to download saying "IE cannot download downloadcameras.php?idpackage=1 from www.pocketgpsworld.com.
IE was unable to open this internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later

Am I missing something? What am I doing wrong. I'm running IE6, allowed cookies etc. HELP!!!!!!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alen wrote:
Just bought a new TT1 Europe, and thought right I'll pay me 2 quid and update me camera database (having downloaded the OV2 files about a year ago for my original TT1) but.....

How recently did you pay your £2? "Just" = today, yesterday, when? There are sometimes delays with the payment getting through - Paypal apparently has two methods of doing it. One method gets instant payment and membership, the other takes similar to normal cheques clearance time. With that latter method, it seems the normal (non)result is you can't get through to the download website because your membership hasn't yet happened.

Do not despair, take the weekend off, watch the rugby and so on. Somebody who knows more than I will be along soon (unless they've all gone off to the seaside) and probably able to tell you whether the payment has gone through or how to find out when it has or will.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alen wrote:
now I'm getting a message when I try to download saying "IE cannot download downloadcameras.php?idpackage=1 from www.pocketgpsworld.com.
IE was unable to open this internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later

Am I missing something? What am I doing wrong. I'm running IE6, allowed cookies etc. HELP!!!!!!

I don't think he'd get this far if he wasn't recognised as a subscribing member, Dennis.

I did a search on the forum for your error message, Alen, and found this, suggested a while ago by 7272Andy to a member having a similar problem, and it worked for him:

7272Andy wrote:
In IE click "Tools - Internet Options", and select the Advanced tab, scroll down to the 'Security' section and ensure that "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" is not checked.

Samsung Galaxy S21
Alen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnaks guys.... I guess it must be a problem with the set up on my PC.....I managed to complete the download OK onto my laptop.
chizler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: acer speed cameras Reply with quote

can anyone tell me how to get my speed cameras to work on my Acer n35 they are included with my software (Dest 6) but I cannot get them to work.
canesfan4life
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I need some help. I have subscribed to the speed camera service 3 times and have not been able to get them to work on my TomTom One New Edition. I have read the how-to and followed every instruction but no success. Maybe someone can give me some idea where I've gone worng. As earier stated I have a TomTom One New Edition with multiple maps on my 2gb SD card, Western Europe, GB Plus, Benelux Plus. None of these pick up the speed cam, please help. Thanks in advance.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you go through each step that you took? Which Files you downloaded, what you did with them, etc.

Then tell us at which point you have the problem, and what the actual problem is!

The statement, 'None of these pick up the speed cam,' doesn't give us much to go on. Smile

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Mervalous
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im using an N73 with TT nav 6.

I have put all the files in the directory but when I go into the TT options it just doesnt show the cams listed in the POI

EDIT: Sorry ignore that I restarted the Phone and its working now Smile
DynamikT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: stuck Reply with quote

hi peeps im stuck here where can i download the software for my tomtom one ? ive been on the safety camera download bit but i cant find anything, someone please help
thx
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: stuck Reply with quote

DynamikT wrote:
hi peeps im stuck here where can i download the software for my tomtom one ? ive been on the safety camera download bit but i cant find anything, someone please help
thx
You will have to Subscribe to the Website HERE, to be able to download the Camera Database. ;)

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 9 of 14

Jump to: