Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How do i update a Goodmans GNAV12 with no cd ??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How do i update a Goodmans GNAV12 with no cd ??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fireball01
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: How do i update a Goodmans GNAV12 with no cd ?? Reply with quote

Hi, I have a Goodmans GNAV12, which came with a usb lead and loads of other things, but no installation cd, Rolling Eyes how do i get it to talk to the computer so that i can put updates on it ?

Having looked at the Goodmans site and the handbook, nothing tells me how to do it, and the helpline number is always busy.. Confused

any help would be appreciated.
fireball01
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, while waiting for you guys, i have managed to find out that the USB lead supplied with the GNAV12 is only for charging it from the computer, it can not be used for anything else, and Goodmans say if you get a "New hardware detected" box on your computer, just ignore it...

They have not as yet answered my question about downloading info onto the GNAV12, but if i find anything out i will post their reply here.
clownshoes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the same problem, emailed Goodmans and Destinator but no reply. I've tried different USB leads and get the same result even though in the manual it says the USB lead is for future upgrades. I'll let you know if I find anything else.
fireball01
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reply, its Goodmans who told me the usb lead is only for charging via the computer, not for uploading info, god knows how we download updates, i emailed Goodmans over a week ago asking them how we upgrade and i am still waiting for a reply.
fireball01
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally Goodmans have replied, :P

To only way to download updates to the satnav is to first download to a memory card, and then put the memory card into the GNAV12 and download from the memory card. Evil or Very Mad Sounds like a lot of messing about, but according to Goodmans thats how to update the GNAV12.
clownshoes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've downloaded maps for gnav12 and they wok from SD card. I've now got a bigger problem, when i go into navigation I get 22 pop-up boxes saying 'Resource error' followed by Unknown Standard Msg code is found IDS_My_PLACES etc etc, still works but a lot of buttons say NO RES. I've telephoned Goodmans and they say to reset the GNAV but this does diddly squat. Suppose it has to be sent to satnav hospital :x
Chip00001uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where do you get the best upgrade for gnav12 to download to sd card? I've been searching for days.

Is it right that its recommended that you do NOT use a sd card above 512 in the gnav12? Which one is best?

Is it worth upgrading? As a courier I find quite a few postcodes missing on the standard gnav12.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Chip00001uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely someone can help.

Plzzzzzzzzz
clownshoes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just connected to my GNAV12.

UI'm running Vista 64 Ultimate, after a few updates all seems good, got access to all GNAV by the looks. I'll keep u updated.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: