Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Destinator 3 Bug - Roundabouts in 3.0.25 missing
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Destinator 3 Bug - Roundabouts in 3.0.25 missing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi people

im using Destinator 2 at the moment should I upgrade to Destinator 3 or shell I wait for the problems to be sorted out? i rang Kane and they said to me Destinator 3 should be out the end of march. and if you have had your Destinator Kane Car Pilot less then 6 months you will get a free upgrade
typhoon29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jo, don't waste your money by upgrading at the mo.. watch these pages and someone will will let you know when to buy.
Yogi-Bear
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: How to confuse the paying customer Reply with quote

Looks like another delaying tactic Evil or Very Mad

Thank you for your interest in Destinator. Currently our development team is working on Destinator version 3.039 upgrade, which will be available free to current owners of Destinator versions 3.0 and 3.025.

In order to expedite the upgrade process, we have added your e-mail address to our database. You will receive notifications on how to register and obtain your free upgrade as soon as it becomes available.

Thank you again for your continuous support and patience.

Destinator Support Team
typhoon29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall give it another 3 weeks, Destinator3 isn't sorted by then, I'm seriously going to look for alternative sofeware. CoPilot Live is a contender, if anyone has any views on CoPilot, I'd be pleased to hear.
Yogi-Bear
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that everybody has been quite patient on this matter. I for one have had this product since November 03 and only used it once or twice of which is not a great track record for the D3 product.

I would like D3 to acknowledge to Following

1) Actually state when the fix is going to be FIXED, not loosely suggest end of FEB early part of MARCH for D3 (Then release another Date when the existing date slips).

2) When D 3.1 is released all D3 users should be upgraded FOC.

I think its a quite reasonably request for the amount of time these problems have been on the table for the developers at D3.

What do other people think ????? Maybe we should have a Poll

Yogi-Bear
Deaky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with you Yogi. Destinators support is apauling. Never mind a free upgrade to 3.1. 4.0 would be better Twisted Evil
typhoon29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should ALL email letters of complaint on the same day this will let them know we are acting as one large group of very unsatisfied customers.
steveing
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound like a good idea to me if we all email the same day as well willl show them how we feel
Yogi-Bear
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If enough of us complain on the same day, it's got to make them sit up and take notice of the paying customer. Who basically has had enough of being fobbed off!

I think they forget the revenue of selling this software pays the wages at Destinator.

It makes me so angry that even now it's not listed on the support site as an issue.

Calculation of Routes
Roundabouts

Do the guys in the the US not read these Forums

I quote from the Web of D3

'The award-winning Destinator is a full-featured GPS navigation system. Unlike GPS mapping systems that simply display your location, Destinator tells you where you are, and details how to reach your destination via the most direct route, with minimal hassle, in the least amount of time.'

Yogi-Bear

Until you hit a roundabout or re-calculate your journey
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DESTINATOR NOT SUPPORTING ROUNDABOUTS - 19th February 2003

Although our review of Destinator 3 was quite favourable and the software we tested included roundabout support, since the writing of this review we have found that PowerLOC in their infinite wisdom decided to change the version supplied on the Destinator CD's. This has resulted in losing complete roundabout support from all UK and European versions of their Destinator 3 software. We made PowerLOC aware of this on December 09th 2003 and PowerLOC had this fixed within a week by December 19th 2003 and PocketGPSWorld.com tested this to confirm the fix had re-instated roundabout support. Great! However, as of the date in writing this (exactly 2 months on from the fix), PowerLOC still have chosen not to release this fix to the public and continually quote "the fix will be ready in two weeks" and have quoted this since 19th December 2003. Furthermore this isn't a large fix, and is only a program fix and could be made available via their website as a download. Seeing that the fix has been made internally available for 8 weeks at PowerLOC, and tested by the PocketGPSWorld.com team, and 8 weeks on PowerLOC have chosen not to release the fix, I would suggest that everyone who is experiencing this problem take a long hard look at whether they want to wait for a fix -or- return the software for a refund.

We have amended the review with this statement, and have downgraded the review by 20% from 90% down to 70% to reflect the roundabout support issue. This rating will be re-instated once we are happy that PowerLOC customers have received a fix that works. I have sent a copy of this statement to PowerLOC and have requested a detailed response from management and ultimately the decision is up to each and everyone of you who has purchased Destinator 3, whether you want to wait or request a refund. If you haven't purchased Destinator 3 but are looking to, I would talk with other PowerLOC customers in our forums before purchasing.
Oscar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, and thrice wow is me!

Another curious feature that I have recently discovered when using Destinator 3, is that I frequently get the message “continue around the circle” when I am no where near a roundabout.
Hopefully the roundabout fix should it ever appear will also correct for guidance around non existent roundabouts.
Rolling Eyes
NickG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why people are so keen to get Destinator. Why not just buy TomTom Navigator 3? It seems to be a much better product and I can't find any features that are in Destinator that TomTom doesn't have. I've used both, and in my eyes, there's no competition.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick,

I’m a loyal TTNav2.24 user. It’s a reasonably stable product, especially if you use it with a wired GPS mouse. However as the adverts say ‘past performance is no indication …’. I won’t immediately rush to upgrade to TTNav3, as there may be (but hopefully not) some serious bugs, which could make it unusable. I will wait a little while. Smile

I also like the idea of healthy competition. At the moment there are a number of unhappy users of Navman and Destinator. If they were all to migrate to TomTom then TomTom would certainly benefit with extra revenue, but would the user base benefit in the long term? Confused

I think Destinator was the first to introduce 3D mapping. If the competition dwindles then there is far less pressure for the bigger companies to produce innovations in their next product. Crying or Very sad

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
Deaky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you all, we need to pick a day and all email them, maybe every day till we get an answer.
Bit like Bart of the Simpsons Hey Lady, where's my spy camera. Hey Lady, where's my spy camera. Hey Lady, where's my spy camera. Hey Lady, where's my spy camera. Hey Lady, where's my spy camera. Hey Lady, where's my spy camera. Hey Lady, where's my spy camera. Hey Lady, where's my spy camera. :P
typhoon29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm up for it... pick a day, any day, how about tomorrow? maybe we should all use the phrase "WHY ARE WE STILL WAITING" in the subject line.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: