Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sony NV-U50 do i have to buy a TMC cradle
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sony NV-U50 do i have to buy a TMC cradle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gadget_buster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Sony NV-U50 do i have to buy a TMC cradle Reply with quote

I have been looking through the forum and can’t find any post about this, I was wondering if anyone could help?

I was thinking about buying a TMC cradle for my Sony NV-U50 to turn it in to the NV-U50T, looking at the bottom of the Sat Nav unit it looks like all the new cradle would do is add on a small antenna plug to a jack socket, would I be right in thinking this or does the cradle do anything more than that? If it is the former then is there really a need to buy a new cradle or simply add an antenna connector to the bottom of the unit in the cradle through the hole already there.

If so does anyone know where I can get one of these and what type of connector it is. Seems a shame to buy another cradle when the cradle I got is brand new?

Hope someone can help
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cradle has the TMC receiver built into it which the 3.5mm plug from the aerial plugs in on the side. So yes it's a different cradle.
PS The bottom connection is for the EXT GPS receiver which should also be on the non-TMC cradle.
gadget_buster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for your help. I guess there nothing stopping me buying a TMC cradle then, any idea how much they cost now? Some one said i should consider a TMC Car Radio Y-Splitter part code 4037735102705 (lowestonweb), do you know if this would make a great difference to the reception? are they really worth £30?
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do a search on google for TMC cradle and you should find what you want. I have a Y splitter and it realy works, but dont buy one untill you try the Sony/TMC cradle first, you may have better luck than me.
gadget_buster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone just tried plugging an aerial cable with a suitable size connector into the bottom of the unit and see if that works? Does anyone know what type of connector it is? It’s quite a small one :o) and what length the aerial cable is? I would give it a go and let you all know on here if it works, worth a try.
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gadget_buster you will live upto your name if you do this. As I said before the connection in the base is the GPS Ext connection and NOT the TMC aerial one.
gadget_buster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DUH!!!!
By the way Buster is my dog :o(

I'm forever looking for ways to get around things, this time i guess i've been thwarted.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: