Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Medion 510T Wrong TMC Trandmitter?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Medion 510T Wrong TMC Trandmitter?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
erniesone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Medion 510T Wrong TMC Trandmitter? Reply with quote

Stratford-upon-Avon is in a very weak transmitter area but my Medion 510T locks on to 102 Touch FM giving green TMC and 5 bar signal strength. However, there is ''no traffic information available'' and, as far as I know, Touch FM is not a TMC supplier.

My son gets a very weak signal from 100.7 Heart FM on his Garmin Nuvi 360T (Garmin signal number 132).

I assume Touch FM RDS or other signal fools my GPS. Unfortunately the Medion does not find the weaker TMC signal. Just wondering if this is a common problem and whether it is my GPS firmware or Touch FM where the problem is likely to be.

I do not suppose complaining will do any good but it may make me feel better - just want to know who to shout at.
peaton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Garmin C510. with a strong signal from 101.3, Classic FM I think, but get no data. I can not get the unit to use another station. I am in South Oxfordshire. It worked fine elsewhere today, I don't know what station it was using then.
erniesone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classic FM is the ITIS system which is the alternative to Trafficmaster / RAC which Garmin use (if I have my facts right). Interesting that the C510 may lock onto the wrong signal as well.

My son has the Garmin Nuvi 360T and there has just been a download to update the traffic firmware. Apart from increasing the signal level X10, without improving the actual reception, the Nuvi now only seems to search for the correct local TMC service. Previously the Nuvi searched through all the numbers 1 - 200 approx, now it just keeps looking at the local 3 numbers. Traffic reception is no better but at least it is not wasting time.

You might check if there is also an update for the C510
peaton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: update may have caused the problem Reply with quote

I believe it is the update that caused the problem. I have a higher signal strength number, which is just that a higher number and nothing else. It was better before the update, not good but better. At least when it got a signal it was useful.
erniesone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Garmin Nuvi has now developed the same problem of locking onto Classic FM - the stronger signal.

I do not know if your setup is the same but with the Nuvi there is a provision under the Traffic menu to select the Provider. The Nuvi was set to Auto but the options were RAC LIVE and TMC_INFO. I made the mistake of trying the latter and the the RAC LIVE option disappeared.

The Nuvi now picks up the strongest signal and downloads traffic data even though the Classic FM data is of no use.

If you can, go into the Traffic menu Auto setting, amend this to RAC LIVE. If this option does not exist we both have problems and just hope Garmin can sort it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: