Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH NEW POIs & GARMIN i3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH NEW POIs & GARMIN i3
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
racman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used method 2 but took out transflash card first then ran dianostic mode (hold down left button on start up) when finished turn off restart wait for prompt install card should now work. Only download poi's in combined categories :D
stupot57
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: POI & i3 Reply with quote

:D Thank you MaFt.
What you have suggested has worked and I can now use my i3.

Jumping With Joy Stupot57 Jumping With Joy
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: POI & i3 Reply with quote

stupot57 wrote:
:D Thank you MaFt.
What you have suggested has worked and I can now use my i3.

Jumping With Joy Stupot57 Jumping With Joy

good stuff Smile

can i also add that the error lies with the i3 itself and not the poi download. they are EXACTLY the same format as from my site. the error is with the number of categories uploaded to the i3 - see the sticky at the top of this forum for more

MaFt
clodey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased my nüvi 660 on Boxing Day.

I've just downloaded the camera and poi databases from PGPSW and uploaded them onto my 2GB SD card via the beta poiloader.

Sadly the machine now crashes at the "loading maps" page and none of the solutions already posted here have worked.

Does anybody have any advise please? Would this problem be covered under warranty?

Many thanks
benjones
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had exactly the same problem, as did someone else on these forums with his 660. I had to take mine back to Halfords as there was no way I could get it to boot. They exchanged no questions asked.

Just out of interest how did you download the POIs - in all their serperate sub-categories or lumped together?
clodey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the separate category option - Halfords have replaced now. I've wiped my SD card and am now scared about trying any poi downloads! Cheers
reggie213
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant get my i2 to respond to the computer in anyway since i uploaded the POI's.

My GPS freezes at Garmin i2 loading screen, the only way i can get anywhere is by pulling out the card first then waiting till it asks me to input it again.

Sometiems it will freeze after this and sometimes it will goto the Where To? & view Map option. However if i click on any of those options it will freeze.

I download a number of different POI catgories cant remember which ones precisely. However when i used the older POiloader from Garmin(not the beta one) it said 33000 poi's uploaded, then it has done this since! At least i think it said 33k's worth!

I have tried resetting the unit using the clicking all three buttons technique and although it does reset it i have to keep the card out of the garmin or it will freeze when selecting the country!

Please pelase help my gf is sweating me BIG
racman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys got a nuvi310 now loaded poi files now stops when loading maps.all latest software.what now?????????????
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reggie

looks like you loaded more than 85 seperate categories. you'll probably have to use the beta poi loader (see sticky at top of thread about the i3 limitations) to remove the poi files or use a card reader to manually remove it.

racman

how many categories did you load etc? and what else do you have on it? i've had ALL of them loaded on a nuvi 360 without any problems.

MaFt
Motorcrossdave
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Simpson voice Reply with quote

Pootle wrote:
Hi Ramases,

can you confirm you have tried a factory reset as discussed here:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=181827

Once complete take your i3 out to the car make sure it is running off external power with a good view of the sky and give it time (can be upto 15mins) to reaquire sat's.

If you have tried this does it still not work after this?

:D i noticed that you have simpson voice guides how did you get that on your i3
slartibartfast
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people seem to have problems loading too many categories of POI on an i3, but I have one of those hybrid units with maps on the card and voices on internal memory and have managed to install 92 categories without any problems. This is with Firmware 3.2, v9 maps and voice 2.5. All POIs are installed on the card using a card reader. Has anyone else with this type of i3 managed to load more than 85 categories?. The registration page in my Garmin says it is German/Czech even though it came with UK maps.
ACM454078
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Nuvi POI Problems? Reply with quote

Hi.

I have just brought a new Nuvi 660 and wanted to load the speed camera database onto it from Pocket GPS world. I have read on this site that some people are crashing their Nuvi loading POI. Is this likely to happen if I load Speed cameras?

Thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: