Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Destinator V6.1.1 Patch
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Destinator V6.1.1 Patch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheRock
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Destinator V6.1.1 Patch Reply with quote

The V6.1.1 patch (TMC and TrafficSam Version) can be downloaded at Destinator: http://www.destinatortechnologies.com/de_DE/mydestinator/index1.html
Beep
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The V6.1.1 patch (TMC and TrafficSam Version)

...only for TMC in the UK. Readme tells you NOT suitable for TrafficSam.
TheRock
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beep wrote:
...only for TMC in the UK. Readme tells you NOT suitable for TrafficSam.

..or you download the German TrafficSam patch and the 'languages only' file, which includes all available languages.
Beep
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...true, never thought of that. Embarassed
TheRock
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And btw EnglishUK is included in the main.cab of all versions.
Beep
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, just done the upgrade using the German version, without using the language download, and all seems to be working. Well spotted. Smile and thanks for the pointers.
mcewena
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Destinator V6.1.1 Patch Reply with quote

TheRock wrote:
The V6.1.1 patch (TMC and TrafficSam Version) can be downloaded at Destinator: http://www.destinatortechnologies.com/de_DE/mydestinator/index1.html

I downloaded and installed it on my Asus A636 (wm5) over top of 6.0.277(something). It worked fine except:

I ended up with the UK text/voice instead of the US one (fixed that by installing the languages).

Destinator is no longer on Windows "today" menu so I have to use 3 taps of the stylus instead of one thumb hit to start it up. Any ideas how to get it back?

Cross boarder routing (Canada/US) still only works correctly 1 time out of 3 but that's a 33% improvement over before. ;)
TheRock
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Destinator V6.1.1 Patch Reply with quote

mcewena wrote:

Cross boarder routing (Canada/US) still only works correctly 1 time out of 3 but that's a 33% improvement over before. ;)

What problems are you facing with cross boarder routing?
mcewena
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Destinator V6.1.1 Patch Reply with quote

TheRock wrote:

What problems are you facing with cross boarder routing?

Given the same two addresses (one being my present location in Ontario and one being a Florida address stored as a favourite, some times the route is calculated but appears about 300-400 km longer then it should be, if I follow the route turn by turn it stops at the US boarder (also being the map boarder). I think the last segment (from the US boarder all the way south) is listed as 1 segment 2,400km long.

If I cancel the route and repeat the same steps it will eventually calculate the route correctly with all the turns in between being listed and viewable. I can tell right away if it's worked because the total route is listed at around 2,600km vs. 2,900 in the above case even though I've said "quickest" both times.

Again it only works about 30% of the time and the calculation takes pretty much the same time either way. Under 6.0.0 it always worked the former way.

Coincidentlily I was in the US on Saturday (while still running 6.0.0) and pressed home on the quick nav even though I knew the route, the distance/time it predicted was about correct, but when it was just short of the CDN boarder on the way back it asked me to get off the interstate and do a U turn (which I ignored) then it did the same thing just after the CDN boarder station.

The boarder station is on a large island (with substantial bridge on either side), and it acted odd as soon as I entered the island and when I was about to exit it. Don't know if it's the island, the map boundry or the country boundry that's causing it.
mcewena
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Destinator V6.1.1 Patch Reply with quote

[quote="mcewena"] Destinator is no longer on Windows "today" menu so I have to use 3 taps of the stylus instead of one thumb hit to start it up. Any ideas how to get it back?

Any clues? I've got an Asus A636N running WM5
TheRock
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Destinator V6.1.1 Patch Reply with quote

[quote="mcewena"]
mcewena wrote:
Destinator is no longer on Windows "today" menu so I have to use 3 taps of the stylus instead of one thumb hit to start it up. Any ideas how to get it back?

Any clues? I've got an Asus A636N running WM5

Copy \DestinatorApps\Destinator with the V6.1.1 prog to your PC or SD-card.
Install the org. Asus D6 version.
Copy your saved V6.1.1 files over the D6-Asus-Version wt overwrite all.

This should bring your today link back. :D
mcewena
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Destinator V6.1.1 Patch Reply with quote

TheRock wrote:

Copy your saved V6.1.1 files over the D6-Asus-Version wt overwrite all.

This should bring your today link back. :D

Goes against step 1 of their instructions (de-install old version) but no harm in trying it I guess. ;)

Thanks.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: