Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Installing TT6 onto a PDA
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing TT6 onto a PDA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eskie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Installing TT6 onto a PDA Reply with quote

Have just trawled through around 30 or so threads on here looking for info on installing TT6 onto a PDA but couldn't find any general info Confused
I'm guessing there must be a post that contains the recommended installation procedure. Question
I have a windows mobile product BTW. (O2 XDA Orbit)

I received TT6 on an SD card, but have also purchased a 2Gb micro SD card so do not want to use TT6 from the TT6 micro SD card, but rather from the 2Gb micro Sd card.
Would the best solution be to transfer the contents of the TT6 card onto my PC via a card reader and then copy those same files onto the 2Gb Micro SD card?

Thank you.

Information & prices on Streetlife Sounds, Entertaining London & the Sou
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please have a read through THIS which details loading the contents of a supplied card to a larger or different type - Mike
Eskie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that link Mike.
Can anyone point me to a post showing info (and advice) on how to install TT6 onto a PDA?

JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eskie wrote:
Thanks for that link Mike.
Can anyone point me to a post showing info (and advice) on how to install TT6 onto a PDA?
Where did you get the TT SD card? Surely it should have come with instructions? Don't you just copy from the TT card to the replacement card and then follow the instructions?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
JimC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eskie wrote:

I have just installed TT6 onto my O2 orbit as I was not keen on the supplied co-pilot6. I previously had TT5 on an ipaq, so went for the download option for a europe map and got TT6 that way, so my situation is a bit different to yours but I think there is a parallel that might help.

I had the new micro SD in the orbit and used TThome to copy over the program and the map. When it had done that it asked me to take out the card, put it back in and the program would install. It did all that ok and then I had to activate, which I did manually via www.ttcode.com.

In your case, why not copy the map from the old card to the computer then copy it onto the new card. Then connect to TThome and get it to put the program on the card, then follow the instructions to do the install on the Orbit.

I am sure there is probably an easier way, maybe just copying from card to card, but since the above worked on mine and did not take too long it should be ok for you if you are having problems another way.
Eskie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope someone can help. I've been using Nav6 on my Orbit for the past 8 months with no problems, then recently there was a fault on the actual phone. O2 replaced the phone under warranty but now I'm unable to get Nav6 working. When I insert my sd card that contains Nav6 it asks me for an activation code and tells me that my device code is AB*** *****. But when I enter the product code for my Nav6 (7P*** ***** *****) onto www.ttcode.com it states that my device code should be either AA*** ***** or AB*** *****.
AA*** ***** was the device code on my previous phone which I no longer have.
I have sent this query to the TomTom site a couple of days ago but have had no reply from them and I can find no way of contacting them by phone?
Does anyone know how I can get Nav6 working on my phone?
Thanks in advance.

mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to obtain a new activation code as the hardware has changed, simply enter the new details (device code) and your product code which is on the small credit card sized plastic card into the www.ttcode.com web site and it will give you a new activation code, input this to the device and it will spring to life.
You are allowed a second activation seven days after the first and another one six months after that, so it should be as easy as the first time you did this - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: