Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Spoken POI alerts for TomTom GO, Mobile, PocketPC and Palm
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Spoken POI alerts for TomTom GO, Mobile, PocketPC and Palm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kev, the files need to be named exactly the same as the ov2 POI files fof the cameras, which camera database are you using, also use my e-mail button below and I can send you some details on what to do - Mike
young-goat
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to use TomToms safety cameras but don't want their audible warning.
How can I edit the 'Polite 3 sound from the original (TomTom) Data.chk file I have tried using POI extended warning program but it says my Data.chk file does not appear to be a TomTom file....but I know it is !!!!!!!! Confused
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not use the OGG method of Warnings.

You can then have whatever Sound you like as a Warning. You could even have a Silent Voice.Smile

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current POIExtend will not work with the later versions of the TomTom software, so you cannot open, modify and save your data.chk file, this might change in the future but you would have to ask Ray for an answer to that one.
As you are using the TomTom database your only option is to wait, for some strange reason they no longer treat the cameras as POI, so you cannot set-up warnings like you can with normal POI's
I would sugest you have a look at the Speed Cameras from this site, the database is more accurate, and you can have any warning you want (or not), via a simple to use method - Mike
kevingulliver
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D :D :D
thanks gents excellent the volume is also ok
now all i need to do is find the splash file on my TTG which must be hiding really well cos i cant find it anywhwere hence i cant shange it
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early versions of software didn't include a splashscreen function, so a splsh.bmp file would not exist on the unit.
Subsequent software updates added the facility but did not add the file, could that be your problem?

Have you tried just adding one? With your software version, so long as your picture is in the correct size and format (info repeated ad nausiam here), it will work.
young-goat
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the pgpsw camera database installed plus a database from Evesham (Intended for my Bluemedia BM6300 but converted into ov2 format) and I have the pgpsw voices in ogg format and they all work fine together !
But if I want to use the TomTom database I have no choice about the audible warning. So, for the time being I will turn off TomTom Camera warnings and just use the other two.

(or maybe I'll reinstall the one from POI handler that I used to have on there as well Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes )

I have gone for overkill with my speed camera warnings !
My logic being that what one database doesn't have another will probably will Laughing Laughing Laughing
thebinman
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

young-goat wrote:

But if I want to use the TomTom database I have no choice about the audible warning. So, for the time being I will turn off TomTom Camera warnings and just use the other two.

THAT, plus not being able to change the warning distance is EXACTLY why most peeps don't use TT's own speed cams.
jwbuchanan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BodgerBaz wrote:
Is there a choice of voices available other than the 3 people listed in the first article? I just want "Gatso 30" (like the original data.chk) as opposed to something like "slow down there's a camera over there"

Bodger

So can some kind soul post up the short message ogg files so we don't all have to jump through the hoops hacking them out?

Cheers
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need, the individual oggs are all there on the data.chk page
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-poi-alerts.php
Just right click on each one and "save as..."
Think you can manage to rename then yourself?
young-goat
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I could I would ! but files cannot be uploaded to this site Crying or Very sad
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

young-goat wrote:
If I could I would ! but files cannot be uploaded to this site Crying or Very sad
You actually Download From this Site.;)

If you Right Click each Underlined Camera Type in turn, you get the Option to Save Link Target as...

Click this and a Window opens a Save as ... Screen with the Default Location on your PC, the Default Name and File Type. Smile

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Hirvevarra
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-poi-alerts.php

Although the gatso 70 & specs ogg's are MIA or work in progress....probably.
So instead of zoned, best be using the consolidated database for now Wink
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hirvevarra wrote:

Although the gatso 70 & specs ogg's are MIA or work in progress....probably.
So instead of zoned, best be using the consolidated database for now Wink

No way! Just because these particular voice alerts are missing, that's no reason not to use the speed-zoned database itself! FAR more useful than the consolidated version IMHO.

You can either use the generic "Gatso" voice for the missing ones, or voice alerts from elsewhere (e.g. http://www.tomtomsatnav.info/realvoice.html (but those are missing the 20mph ones!)), or make your own (very easy) or just carry on with the original sound effects (I do).

For me, by far the most important thing is the speed limit for the camera flashing up on-screen.

Also, there is one for SPECS (generic, admitedly) and if you download the free sound editor 'Audacity' you should be able to make a "Gatso 70" out of the "Gatso" and "Mobile 70" files in about 5 minutes.
Hirvevarra
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Consider this 'bitch' well & truly slapped, Sir........ Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:

As this is not strictly true, I simply made a suggestion based on the request and the limited resources available. Replacing the 70 file with generic gatso file is an alternative, as is using renamed generic specs file for all specs warnings. However....
jwbuchanan wrote:
So can some kind soul post up the short message ogg files so we don't all have to jump through the hoops hacking them out?
While admittedly not perfect, my idea was sound and stuck to the the brief closer than the critical response to my post which included....
Andy_P2002 wrote:
...and if you download the free sound editor 'Audacity' you should be able to make a "Gatso 70" out of the "Gatso" and "Mobile 70" files in about 5 minutes.

Hmmmmmm. With the specs files, & average 5 mins per file, that's approx. 35 mins 'hoop jumping' that jwbuchanan didn't want.
Everyone out there is free & welcome to dismiss my advice, ( I am a newbie, after all ), but should, hopefully, suggest something other than exactly what the original requesters jwbuchanan & bodgerbaz were trying to avoid doing in the first place.
{'Go to your Happy Place' Ommmm!!!!}

Therefore, I stand by my previous post. Especially the rather tongue in cheek Wink ...this should have given it away, really! It was actually meant to spur a kindly soul into action with a sound editor & a little free time, is all.
Thanks for the critique! Not exactly constructive but I've got broad shoulders. Merry Xmas

RE: flashing icons : I wholeheartedly agree : I must remember to look as well as listen:-
having driven up the M11 & A1 last Saturday with 60mph warnings for 70mph cameras ( not my TT unit ), well, what a distraction. I kept making mental notes so I could report them and get the speeds put right. Only when I looked at the piccy did I see it was the correct zone file with a renamed ogg file in use. Embarassed DOH!! That's why i did not recommend this method. Harrumph.

BTW jwbuchanan, I am currently hacking them out and will make full compliment of 'short' files available asap, assuming you still need them.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 61 of 73

Jump to: