Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT rider will not switch on
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT rider will not switch on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harley-noj
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: TT rider will not switch on Reply with quote

Hi all,
Yet again my rider has refused to switch on. This time I've sent it back as its less than 2 months old. Guess what in the shop at first it wouldn't work and then it did. Has anybody else had this problem?
Cos I'm about to start saying fix it or refund me as its driving me up the wall. Apart from that its a great unit. I use earplug speakers with an adaption cable made by StarCom.
CheesyMike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had similar problems with mine before I got a refund. To get it switched on the procedure (if I remember correctly) is to press the recessed reset button for a few seconds then press and hold the power button for around ten seconds. This will force a hard reset power on rather than the standard quick-start power on.

I also had startup problems where the unit would lock on the startup splash screen - showing the motorcycle. TomTom couldn't get to the bottom of this other than to tell me to downgrade the firmware by deleting all the files in the root directory of the SD card then re-install the old firmware from CD. This worked with some limited success but I had to do it another two times during the two weeks I owned the unit.

Mike
harley-noj
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
Just an update if anybody is interested. The unit was returned back from Tom Tom today (no fault found). However it was returned faulty. This is a new fault. It will not accept my pin code. Before anyone ask's I used the correct code. This happened in store and Halfords staff could not get it to work. Then it did!
Long converersation about sale of goods and unmerchantable quality.
So its gone back again!
Anybody else had this problem?
John
harley-noj
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest update, unit returned from TomTom no fault found (again). This time Halfords swapped it for a new unit. Hope this one is ok.
Lardyboy66
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

harley-noj wrote:
Latest update, unit returned from TomTom no fault found (again). This time Halfords swapped it for a new unit. Hope this one is ok.

Give it back, insist on refund and pay for a Zumo - trust me its worth it. I have owned both then lost my Rider, got the Zumo and its fab

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: