Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Go x10 mount trade in program. How to get a new mount free.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Go x10 mount trade in program. How to get a new mount free.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WafuDude wrote:
That sounds encouraging. Have you got the phone number that you used? I'll give them a call.

Cheers!

I just used the contact form on the web site. Submitted it Friday afternoon and got a response Monday morning.
amancalledchip
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity,
any one getting invalid format from a tomtom bought from anywhere else than PCworld.

my friend and i both have the invalid format problem and both were bought from pc world.
mike007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought mine in PC WORLD and mine came up "INVALID FORMAT" Exclamation
Man in PC WORLD knew he was selling me a dodgy mount but fobbed me off Twisted Evil
Madmouse
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Mount Reply with quote

Yup same here lost count the number of times I tried inputting the serial number....bought a tomtom 510 traffic from pc world kept loosing connection with the TMC receiver and occasionally power loss...contacted tomtom by phone on hold for nearly 1hr didn't manage to speak to anyone...sent an email last weekend & to my surprise received an answer asking for proof of purchase details to be faxed to them, I emailed back proof of purchase as a pdf & within a day received confirmation that a replacement mount is on the way free of charge....still no word though as to why I received the invalid format error message (this is the second unit I bought from pc wprld and the same problem exsists!) weird!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mike007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contacted Tomtom through their website via email and i have recieved my new mount within a few days :D

I have used tomtom customer service before and they have always been very helpful :D
Madmouse
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hurah! new mount arrived....

funny thing is though same part/serial number as the old one!! although the TMC receiver socket seems a little tighter & better than the old one (kept falling out)

can't fault customer services they've been brilliant so far
well done tomtom!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
davecrowley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Bought my TT 710 last week from Maplin. Had the duff mount in the box. After following the link here, I registered my TT over the weekend. Got confirmation e-mail yesterday saying that the new mount will arrive within 5 working days Smile

Dave.
sonesor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a bit of a problem with this

My dad got a 510 with the old style mount, which has a drooping problem

We have just heard about this replacement scheme, so tried to enter his serial code to get a new one, but the website says his code has already been used! His tomtom was new at purchase (quite some time ago) and he hasnt entered the code into the site before, so some chancer has obviously guessed his code and got a mount for themself

So does any kind person out there not need a replacement mount for their tomtom and would be willing to let us use their serial code??

Bit of a long-shot i know but his "drooping problem" (no puns please!) is really annoying! :P

Thanks
Madmouse
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you still have proof of purchase ring tomtom on 0845-1610009 they will either ask you to fax details of purchase or as I did scan & email, they informed me a replacement would be sent cost free in 5-10 days, a few days after email the mount arrived..happy so far with new mount
sonesor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks that was my initial thought, but he seems to have lost his receipt, it was purchased ages ago when they first came out and has got lost in the mists of time!

thanks for the input tho! Smile
Madmouse
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try ringing & explaining whats happened anyhow...worth a try
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....or try one of the two methods of improving the grip on the ball that have been posted (can't remember if here, or on the yourNAV forums)
Cyrano
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for this. Received replacement two days after contacting Tomtom through the link Smile
marcustandy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: What about the desk mount? Reply with quote

Has anyone experienced any problems with the desk mount?

My 910 is loose on it's windscreen mount and will as such come off the mount without the release button being pressed. It is the same on the desktop mount.

Having used the links from this site and had a look at the comparison photo's I know I have the old version of windscreen mount but has anyone else experienced the same problems as myself?

I'm now wondering if the catches on the actual 910 itself are worn/damaged/faulty. I have owned the 910 since Nov 06 but have been away (Afghanistan) since and have only used the satnav for a week before I went. Rolling Eyes

tomtom GO 910 owner.
MrDJ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also had problems with the desk mount. contacted tom tom by email on their website and had a replacement sent free within a week.
all i need is a window mount now and the serial codes are still invalid so about to email tom tom again.
jim

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: