Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ITS & Traffic Master TMC Frequencys ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ITS & Traffic Master TMC Frequencys ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ccsnet
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: ITS & Traffic Master TMC Frequencys ? Reply with quote

Just playing with some PC software ( TMC enabled dont worry so I have licence and all that ) how ever I have some middleware to support it.

Any way - long and short of it I need to input the TMC FM Frequencys manually so can any one tell me the ITS on ( I think its just classic FM ) and the RAC Trafficmaster one ?

Thanks

Terran
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Classic FM Frequencys have a look at THIS list - scroll down to see the full list!
If you need to see which transmitter is closer to where you live have a look at this MAP - Not too sure about the TM system, but I am sure a google will turn up some info - Mike
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The frequency varies from location to location (on both Classic FM and Trafficmaster) - but basically, if you can get a radio signal with TMC, and it's not Classic, it's Trafficmaster Smile

Unfortunately, your profile does not state your location to allow me to try and guess the radio station (and hence frequency) of Trafficmaster in your area.

Out of interest, what software is it, and what middleware...?
ccsnet
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swing wrote:
The frequency varies from location to location (on both Classic FM and Trafficmaster) - but basically, if you can get a radio signal with TMC, and it's not Classic, it's Trafficmaster Smile

Unfortunately, your profile does not state your location to allow me to try and guess the radio station (and hence frequency) of Trafficmaster in your area.

Out of interest, what software is it, and what middleware...?
Morecambe Lancs is my location and its a bit of software called ShowGPS.com ;)

Terran
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

101.8FM should do for you in that area, but it is only a 10KW tx at that location (Morecombe Bay), although its North of your location - I can pick this tx up in Blackpool though, so you should be OK where you are - Mike
ccsnet
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
101.8FM should do for you in that area, but it is only a 10KW tx at that location (Morecombe Bay), although its North of your location - I can pick this tx up in Blackpool though, so you should be OK where you are - Mike
Thanks for that... any idead which one will be the TM RAC transmission round here ? I was thinking Rock FM or the Bay... but not sure who owns them.

Terran
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock is EMAP, so probably not them
The Bay is CN Group, so probably not them either Smile

101.8 is the frequency for Classic FM

Certainly none of the radio stations from the Morecambe Bay seem to be independent (commercial) radio stations, so I suspect you'll need another radio station for Trafficmaster. Having done some searching though, I'm struggling to come up with an obvious radio station Sad
ccsnet
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swing wrote:

Certainly none of the radio stations from the Morecambe Bay seem to be independent (commercial) radio stations, so I suspect you'll need another radio station for Trafficmaster. Having done some searching though, I'm struggling to come up with an obvious radio station Sad
Found this.... 100.4 looks liek a winner...

Also http://www.gcapmedia.com/index.php?id=3 may help others too.

Terran
ccsnet
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccsnet wrote:
swing wrote:

Found this.... 100.4 looks liek a winner...

Also http://www.gcapmedia.com/index.php?id=3 may help others too.

Terran
Just noticed... gcapmedia.com owns Classic FM too.... I surley TMC from both services can't be running over the same carrier ?

Terran
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iTIS Holdings use Classic FM, and only Classic FM.

Trafficmaster use the rest of the GCap Media stations and stations from Chrysalis as well.

You are right that one radio station cannot carry the TMC signal for both services, but one group of companies can Smile
gotom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: rds-tmc with go910 works on heart and real too Reply with quote

I have just bought my rds-tmc unit to use with my GO910. I have travelled from M1 J37 (Barnsley) to M1 J28 (Mansfield) and I can confirm that after my GO listened to Galaxy 105.6 for 10minutes with no Trafic data on my GO it eventually tuned to Real 106.2FM and I could see all traffic problems within about 100 mile radius on traffic screen - 73 problems. Near J29 of M1 GO switched automatically to Heart 106FM and I can still see all traffic issues in local area. I confirm my unit has never tuned to Classic FM. So is this proof that TMC data for GO is obtainable from other sources than Classic FM? I have a Go910 with v6.520 software and my RDS-TMC Unit is a 4V00.000 bought from Argos today.
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen a couple of people stating this, but I really can't see how it's happening - the two data suppliers are not compatible, and I can tell you the TomTom does not have the right information to decode the "other" traffic provider.

A number of things could explain what's going on:

1. The unit briefly tunes to Classic FM, gets the data and then retunes to the other station, giving you the impression it got the data from the other station.
2. iTIS have arranged for some small radio stations to offer "fill in" for areas of the country that Classic FM isn't good (although I've seen no official statement to this affect).
3. The TomTom is simply reporting the wrong name for Classic FM.
4. TomTom are moving over to Trafficmaster for the supply of their RDS-TMC service (again, something I've not seen an official statement on).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: