Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Destinator 3 to 6 and back again HELP Please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Destinator 3 to 6 and back again HELP Please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Petersirish007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Destinator 3 to 6 and back again HELP Please Reply with quote

Hope someone can help me
I have always used Destinator 3 and had no problems that one can talk about and use it on my HP4350 (windows mobile 3) when I traveled over to the UK a lot.

Then recently I upgraded to Destinator 6 and was impressed with the Ireland maps although not the lay out of the screen or configuration buttons, but that’s another story.

I upgraded the system to my HP and it worked perfectly until I go looking for the GPS and low and behold, it cannot get my positioning or even pick up the Satellites and so I rang the help line in Germany and they told me the Operating System needs to be Windows Mobile 5 not 3 which is what I have always used but Destinator 6 only works on Widows Mobile 5. (I am going to the USA in December and will be buy a new HP PDA and it will have Windows Mobile 5 on it)

Then I go back to Version 3 after uninstalling Version 6 and reload everything and low and behold, the screen freezes half way through the starting up process and nothing else happens. I can quit Destinator if I like but it will not load fully and it appears to freeze.

Anyone any idea’s please as I need it for the weekend as I am off to the UK again and cannot get lost as I am in a hurry to get where I am going.
Pogi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried a hard reset on your PDA device?
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the usual crap support to me! I'm sure I had Destinator 6 running on my old PDA before I upgraded. And since most PDAs are WM2003 and not upgradeable it would be the daftest marketing ploy ever!

Setting up the GPS reciever is always a bit of a pain. Do a search on here and I'm sure you'll find a way. In the unlikely event that fails explain a bit about the prob with details and maybe someone will help you out.
Holux GPSslim

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: