Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HELP !! h2210 Fortuna Clip and TT2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP !! h2210 Fortuna Clip and TT2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swagman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: HELP !! h2210 Fortuna Clip and TT2 Reply with quote

I have looked at all the sites I could think of, but I'm going to have to rely on you guys again for some expert advice.....

I have just purchased a H2210, Fortuna clip on and TT2.

After what seemed like hours I got the H2210 to talk to the FCO via BT..

I am very new to this and this is the first gps system I have ever had, so I may be doing something wrong, but I have the TT2 set to NMEA 0183v2 38400 and to com port 8, the FCO seems to be talking ok to TT as I have 2 grey bars with a 1 and a 4 on them and the time is correct, I aslo have dots racing across the right of the screen from a satellite dish to a PDA symbol.....

I take it I should have more than 2 bars, I take it that these are what signify a satellite lock ?

why is it that I can't seem to get more than 2..... I have tried the FCO in both modes, do I have to change any TT configuration if I change from ST to XT ?

Please help this was going to be such a good weekend with a new piece of technology....... but I'm getting sadder by the minute....

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you do everything right. ST or XT are transparent to TomTom (apart from the obvious position lag in XT). What's the version of the TomTom GPS driver?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Swagman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well all may be ok... I was doing all this in my house, and I left the 2210 and the FCO on the side, chattering to each other, I kept going back to see if anythign had changed, and for the first 15 minutes nothing did..... Then the next time I looked I had 5 Red Bars, and then 6 Red Bars.... and it gave me my location....... Laughing Laughing Laughing

The question now is, do I have to wait 20 minutes everytime I switch the thing on ?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, this was just the first time it needed to load the full ephemeris. From now on it should be starting much more quickly. You should watch the times until you get a re-fix. Everything above two minutes is suspicious.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first time load is the full almanac - and that is the slow bit.

The ephemeris data doesn't stay good for more than a few hours - but fortunately that's relatively quickly acquired (within a minute on a good GPS - though it is the bulk of the TTFF). The important thing for a relatively quick fix is that the GPS has an almanac, so that it knows what satellites should be overhead as soon as it's got the right time.

David
jasb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Nmea 0183v2 Reply with quote

Just a quick add-on, Ive got mine set to nmea0183v2 Bluetooth. Is there any difference in performance? They both seem to work ok?
jasb

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: