Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Great news for iCN630 owners
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Great news for iCN630 owners

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ICNman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Great news for iCN630 owners Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Some great news. If you have an iCN630 then you'll notice a red sensor between the OK button and the HOME button. Well I sent Navman an e-mail regarding this and this is the reply I got-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The sensor is for an infra-red remote control, which we are currently working on. If successful in testing, this should be out by the summer.
-
----Original Message-----
Sent: 24 January 2004 06:28
To:
Subject: Please Read

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the info on the V2 update for the iCN630 which you gave me last month. I have another question which I would like to ask. The iCN630 has a red infrared kind of sensor located on the unit, between the OK and HOME buttons. I was just wondering what this is for, could it be for a remote control which you guys are currently working on or is it just a part of the unit as it is.
If it is a remote control then what with the new V2 update, the already great iCN630 is going to be the coolest gadget ever.

I think I'm getting a little bit carried away, but what ever that sensor is for, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know.

All the best.

( London UK )
anglefire
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like to be negative - but the V2 software was meant to be out around September! Wink

But whatever, it will be good news when it comes out! But where the bl**dy hell do you stick a remote control in the car! :D I mean the sofa doesn't move but I can still loose the TV one!

Website

The answer is 42. Now what is the question?
ICNman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Remote for iCN630 Reply with quote

Yeah , I suppose your'e right Angelfire, like good old Dave say's add another 6 months on top of anything they say and that should be right.
Besides, they did say If all the testing is successfull then it will be released around summer.
Anyway it's just some news for all us gadget freaks, something to look forward to. I still can't wait for that damn V2 update, any news anyone?

iCNman
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notice "if successfull". The problem with using InfraRed devices outside in bright sunlight is that when sunlight strikes the device, it strikes it in a varying amount of colours, and this can cause problems with InfraRed receivers.

Don't know if anyone remembers the problems on the Pocket PC's, where you have to disable IR because sometimes you start receiving problems ?

Saying that, providing it's introduced correctly, there shouldn't be a problem. Garmin have recently introduced it on the 2610 and 2650 Street Pilot, but it's a concern I do have.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: