Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT 910 CAMERA LIST & VOICES
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT 910 CAMERA LIST & VOICES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
themadpanner
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: TT 910 CAMERA LIST & VOICES Reply with quote

I've just purchased a TT910 to replace my 700. how do I go about loading
the Pocket GPS camera data base, is it the same as with the 700? I would also like to put in my set of warning voices, is this the same as well?
Sorry being a bore but Hi Tech won't go with my body ! Sad
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use the GO700 method, i.e. extract the files to your Map folder on the device or you can use TomTom HOME, for which you'd need to download the Home zipfile, not the .ov2 one. Then extract the two files to your Home/Content location and transfer them to the device using HOME.

As for your own warnings, are you talking about 3rd party voices or different warning sounds for POIs? If the former then yes, it's the same as for your 700, if the latter then you need to get the correct data.chk file for the build on your 910. Or you can use an .ogg file for each POI category (see the site's Front Page).
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: TT 910 CAMERA LIST & VOICES Reply with quote

themadpanner wrote:
I've just purchased a TT910 to replace my 700. how do I go about loading
the Pocket GPS camera data base, is it the same as with the 700?

Yes, exactly the same
Quote:
I would also like to put in my set of warning voices, is this the same as well?

You have a few more choices now....
1 ) You can replace the default data.chk file with a custom one from here or elsewhere, as before.
2 ) If you are using a "computer" voice for navigation, you can use the text to speech system to write your own spoken alert messages.
3 ) You can use any sound files you like (details HERE
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops, sorry Tim, I took a long time writing my reply and didn't check if someone else had answered before hitting the submit button.

You missed the TTS option though... Wink
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to the above have a look in the camera install help section, there is a specific guide for installing the database and configuring the warnings using the Text To Speech capabilities click HERE . I use a combination of TTS style warnings and the .ogg style warnings. Mix and match to suit what your needs are - Mike
Edit once to add link - Mike Alder
gray52
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure u back up the hard drive 1st. it will take ages mine did, but it has to be done.
themadpanner
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:(Thank you all for the help, I did back up the HDD, and yes it did take around 30 mins.
I now have another couple of problems though. Because I wanted the european cameras I subscribed to the tom tom database & duly downloaded as instructed, unzipped the files and put them into the 910,
they overwrote what was already on the unit and I thought ' this is great'
but alas all was not well for I have lost all the camera info for all the camera files from my POI list. Not one is specified ! Can anyone tell me how to get them back? Today I have used the unit in the car and I am getting verbal warnings,so something is in the memory, if I open the Western Europe map file they are all listed. Eventually I want to delete the
UK TT database and install the Pocket Gps instead because it is much better, but retain the other European TT ones.
My second problem concerns the shutdown of the 910 when I switch off
the engine, on my 700 as well as switching on automatically it also shut down. Is there an easy way to sort this out.
Many thanks in advance.
themadpanner
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: loss of pois on 910 & auto shutdown Reply with quote

themadpanner wrote:
:(Thank you all for the help, I did back up the HDD, and yes it did take around 30 mins.
I now have another couple of problems though. Because I wanted the european cameras I subscribed to the tom tom database & duly downloaded as instructed, unzipped the files and put them into the 910,
they overwrote what was already on the unit and I thought ' this is great'
but alas all was not well for I have lost all the camera info for all the camera files from my POI list. Not one is specified ! Can anyone tell me how to get them back? Today I have used the unit in the car and I am getting verbal warnings,so something is in the memory, if I open the Western Europe map file they are all listed. Eventually I want to delete the
UK TT database and install the Pocket Gps instead because it is much better, but retain the other European TT ones.
the engine, on my 700 as well as switching on automatically it also shut down. Is there an easy way to sort this out.
Many thanks in advance.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themadpanner wrote:

Many thanks in advance.

I can help with this bit of your question...

Unfortunately, TomTom disabled the auto-shutoff feature, in order to try to cover up the intermittent disconnection problems with the mounts for the *10 series.
The only answer is to go back to an earlier software version. I suggest you e-mail TomTom and complain (you could remind them that now they have "solved" the mount problem, there is no reason why they couldn't re-instate this feature!) and also ask them how to return to an earlier version now that TomTOm Home is in charge and you can't do it manually anymore.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: