Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed camera d/base and destinator pn issues
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed camera d/base and destinator pn issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scotlad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Speed camera d/base and destinator pn issues Reply with quote

Ok folks please dont shout at me if i appear dumb but i'm having problems getting the speed camera database loaded into destinator pn.
I'm trying to install them on an Asus Mypal A636 and whenever i go to convert the downloaded files on the destinator console it shows :

25 records loaded
File created
Count of bad records= 831

on the screen and then wont allow me to click on the 'download' button to send them to the pocket pc.

I'm tearing my hair out, so any help much appreciated Sad
PeterSm
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scotlad,
I had exactly the same problem and my post went unanswered however I did manage to eventually load a db..

this is from memory though..

I seem to remember that the file from this site is not fully in the format that Destinator needs so I put it through Excel to reformat it to the layout as specified in the manual (I seem to remember adding an extra column)

My format is

GATSO:1@40,Speed Camera,-2.17788,50.68304
(think I added the Speed Camera column)

then you should be able load the file in via the console from your pc.

once in Destinator you then activate it by clicking the eye which loads it as a "favorites alert". Never got as far as adding in the correct wording etc.

one thing to look out for though is that by default the notification range is far to small, so have a look in the FAVORITEs, then TOOLS then Settings options and change to something that means you arnt going to have to slam on the brakes everytime it yells at you!!

the other thing I found was that the list seems to generate a lot of 'false'alerts, though so far it's always picked up genuine ones..

Good luck

Anybody have any extra info about how to get the right warning words/graphics etc ???

Regards

PeterSm
Greenglide
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are downloading the files for Destinator V3 arent you? These work fine with D6 despite the fact that the help pages suggest somewhere that the generic CSV format is the one to use. The columns in this are in the wrong order and this will not work without manipulating with Excel.

I assume that alert messages and icons are the same in PN as D6 and others. There are several posts detailing how to do this. Basically you need a set of icons (*.bmp), sounds (*.wav usually) with the same names (apart from the extensions) as the favourites files which usually means removing the "pocketgpsworld" prefix in the download before inputting to the console. The name of the file input to the console is the text which appears on the screen and links to the voice and icon files.

The location of the icon and sound files varies between platforms / releases but you are looking for two directories which already have *.BMP and sound files (type depends on the version) in them.

This has been done to death in this forum in the past if you go back a few pages.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: