Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TOM TOM RIDER 'IN CAR' SPEAKER
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TOM TOM RIDER 'IN CAR' SPEAKER
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: TT Rider speaker! Reply with quote

Mike, just to clarify & before I buy the bluetooth speaker, are you saying that it is compatible with the tt rider and will connect with it? The spec just gives a list of phones that it can connect to.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a read through THIS Tim states it works so give it a read - Mike
Rider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: TT Rider speaker! Reply with quote

Thanks again Mike, I will see if I can find a cheaper one on ebay!
Rider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: TT Rider speaker! Reply with quote

Mike, I am not sure if I was clear enough with my posting but the reason I wanted the speaker in the car was primarily to listen to the directions from the Tom Tom rider. I am not so bothered about the phone although it would be a bonus if it worked too. I ordered the bluetooth speaker but cannot get it to connect with the rider, any ideas how I can do this? Maybe Tim could help? I would appreciate your help on this one. Regards, Rider
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold down the ‘pick up’ button and keep this held down whilst turning the unit on. Keep it held down until the ‘Bluetooth’ light flashes blue/red and then let it go. Press the same ‘pick up’ button again and the pulse speed should increase. The unit is now in ‘Find me’ mode so turn on your Rider and select ‘Connect to headset’ from the menu. It will ask you if you want to pair with the TomTom headset; reply ‘No’. It will then tell you to put your kit into ‘Find me’ mode or somesuch, which you have already done. Tap ‘Yes’ or ‘OK’ (I can’t remember which) and it should find the WellTech, explore its capabilities and then pair with it.
Rider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: TT Rider speaker! Reply with quote

Tim and Mike, thanks for your invaluable advice & a fantastic forum by the way. The bluetooth speaker works and I am very happy to have one unit for car and bike! I would recommend anyone else facing the same issues to purchase a bluetooth speaker, a pricey option but in the long term, a sound investment (no pun intended) Wink
Gmonkey
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got to pass this info along ot my Dad so he can use his Rider on both his Harley and his big bad minivan

Thanks guys
paff
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
I didn't say it was cheap, although I think Tim managed to find one for around £40 so have a shop around, its certainly cheaper than damaging your device - Mike

I would like to have voice instructions in the car.

What have you forund for £40 and where can I get one from?

steve@g1yre.freeserve.co.uk
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The unit in question is one of THESE they are more costly at full retail prices but can be found cheaper if you take a chance on E-bay (just remember the associated problems with an overseas purchase if the unit goes wrong - very little come back on the seller) - Mike
paff
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers all, I'm sorted now. Got me a Welltech and after a set-up problem (which was well sorted by Tim - tnx M8), I have voice instructions via To Tom Rider in my car.

I'm well chuffed Laughing

Thanks again.

Steve
paff
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers all, I'm sorted now. Got me a Welltech and after a set-up problem (which was well sorted by Tim - tnx M8 8), I have voice instructions via Tom Tom Rider in my car.

I'm well chuffed Laughing

Thanks again.

Steve
Wiseguy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

can anyone shed some light on whether the Blueant Supertooth 2 can be configured with the RIDER for car use?

cheers
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's been asked before but no-one has come back and said 'Yes' yet.
enticknap
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Using Tom Tom Rider in car Reply with quote

I thought I would just share with you my solution. I already had a wired FM Modulator in my car so that I can play my MP3 player through the stock headunit using the headphone out put on the player (unfortunately the head unit has no line input or cassette). I also have a small adapter cable that came free with my HP 1940 PDA that basically turns the 2.5mm output jack from the bluetooth connector that came with the rider into a 3.5mm (stereo only so I can't use the phone). I then just plug the adapter into the bluetooth receiver at one end and the current cable from my FM modulator into the other and hey presto I have voice commands coming thorugh my car stereo. Output is not very loud so the stock head unit has to be turned up quite high and also I can't listen to anything else when the rider is connected. Next challenge is to find an adapter so that I can connect two things into the modulator so that I can still also connect my mp3 player. I will let you now how I get on.

While I am here I am also interested to know if anyone has been able to get around the fact that the bluetooth receiver turns off when you charge it - I would like to try and hard wire it when on the bike rather that having to keep recharging off the bike.

Cheers

Simon
enticknap
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok follow up to the last post - have just been to Maplins and bought a couple of cables and some adaptors and succeeded in getting two feeds into the FM modulator. I am not sure exactly how it works (and I am certainly not complaining) but when the bluetooth connector sends a signal/message somehow it it reduces (over powers?) the signal from the MP3 player feed just like a proper satnav and the music from the ipod reduces! I now have both music and TT Rider feeds and although the sound quality is not up to Bose standard it is certainly good enough for me :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: