Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PDAMODS - Patronising customer service
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PDAMODS - Patronising customer service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deaky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: PDAMODS - Patronising customer service Reply with quote

I ordered a Destinator/Fortuna kit from PDAMods on Monday 29th December. The screen mount pictured with the kit on their site looks deceptively like the magnetic one that they sell for £15. I paid the extra for express delivery, which I took to be next day. Still no sign of it on Thursday I rang them and was told it was sent out on Wednesday RM Special Delivery and their express delivery just means that your order is processed with priority. I rang again on Friday- I thought RMSD was a guaranteed next day 12pm service - to inform them that it hadn't arrived and to ask for a tracking number. 'We cant give you a tracking number over the phone you have to email us and ask for it' Rolling Eyes Any way it arrived on Saturday with some cheepo screen mount plastic thing that clamps the PDA between its jaws. - Its fell out loads of times.

Anyway, despite my previous experience I decide to spend a bit more of my hard earned cash with them and order the magnetic mount that I thought I was getting. Its took 8 days to arrive and when I open it, its broken, the leaver doesnt pull the suction cup back so it wont attach to the screen.

I rang up and was told to email support telling them that it was broken and they would send out a replacement. This I did. And here is their response Mad
Quote:
Dear Sir,

What do you mean it does not work ? You have to 'Slam' it against the window then push the lever down (these are difficult to break and I am sure it is not faulty as we have never had one back and have sold thousands of these). If it is broken somewhere then let me know and we will replace.

Thanks

Talk about fCensoredg patronising, if I didn't know better I'd think I was dealing with a kid selling stuff from his bedroom Angry

Lets hope I dont have to wait another 8 days for a replacement

[/Rant]

sorry if Ive gone on a bit Embarassed but I do feel better now Happy
Deaky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matter sorted by Ian at 9:35pm Thumbs Up

Whilst I realise that many 'faults' are caused by customers not RTFM it is unwise to assume that this it always case.

Thank you for your help Ian
djohnson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Unbelievable!! Reply with quote

If I employed someone who wrote to a customer with that kind of response, they'd be sacked pronto!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: