Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - I3 firmware 3.20
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

I3 firmware 3.20
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mars.1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me just point out that i never upgraded to versions 3.0 or 3.10 when they was released. Is this the reason why my unit works on filmware 3.20.
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mars.1 wrote:
Let me just point out that i never upgraded to versions 3.0 or 3.10 when they was released. Is this the reason why my unit works on filmware 3.20.

Well conventional wisdom says it shouldn't make any difference.

However, it's rather hard to ignore the numerous, anecdotal accounts in here, that suggest that the buggy firmware versions do, in some odd way, permanently "tattoo" the i3s.
trevf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mars.1 wrote:
Sorry guys, I have 3.10 then 3.20 and no problems. I think the issue is that we all think that there are 2 models of i3, those with internal Maps, and those without. Reading through all of the posts I think there are at least 4 (possibly more). Those with Internal Maps that work on Newer Firmware, Those without Internal Maps that work on Newer Firmware, then the same again that don't work on Newer Firmware (by newer firmware I mean anything higher than 2.82 Beta).
I'm not sure how to prove this though, is there a hidden model number or part number or something that we can compare?
Almahadeus
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also people seem to be confusing units that come with transflash WITHOUT maps (maps installed on internal memory) with units with a transflash card WITH the maps installed on the card itself.
Reading through these posts it seems that units with the MAPS ON THE TF CARD (will have audio version 2.0) are suffering with the software bug.
nitelife
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almahadeus wrote:
Also people seem to be confusing units that come with transflash WITHOUT maps (maps installed on internal memory) with units with a transflash card WITH the maps installed on the card itself.
Reading through these posts it seems that units with the MAPS ON THE TF CARD (will have audio version 2.0) are suffering with the software bug.

No, mine has internal memory and maps on the card, and seems to be fine so far.

I know the maps are on the card because if I take it out it prompts me to put it back in, and I know I have internal memory because I can write to it using poiloader.

It has audio 2.5 as well.
Almahadeus
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitelife wrote:
Almahadeus wrote:

No, mine has internal memory and maps on the card, and seems to be fine so far.

I know the maps are on the card because if I take it out it prompts me to put it back in, and I know I have internal memory because I can write to it using poiloader.

It has audio 2.5 as well.

You see my point about the confusion. Your i3 CAN NOT have the maps on the card and at the same time have audio version 2.5. The highest the audio version can go to on the units where the maps are on the card is 2.0. Your unit has the maps on the internal memory (the newer version of the i3). See here:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=46240&start=0
typan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well mine has maps on internal memory so is the newer version and poi's on card, this was my first upgrade from 2.70 and it didn't like it. I can't see any pattern as to why some work and others don't. Confused
nitelife
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almahadeus wrote:

You see my point about the confusion. Your i3 CAN NOT have the maps on the card and at the same time have audio version 2.5. The highest the audio version can go to on the units where the maps are on the card is 2.0. Your unit has the maps on the internal memory (the newer version of the i3). See here:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=46240&start=0

Hey,

I dont want to start an argument, but I can prove it.

1. POI Loader gives me two options, the I3 and the card reader connected to my pc (not definite proof but read on)
2. If I take the card out and turn on the i3 it tells me to load maps onto it (meaning the maps are NOT on internal memory).
3. The about page definitely says audio version 2.5.

Ive taken some screenshots to show you (sorry about the bad quality, went a bit too close in macro mode)

snowboardcriminal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to agree with Nitelife, i have also removed the card and am prompted to load maps, but i can still load poi's to internal memory, put the card back in and eh voila, all working as it should, and audio version 2.50.
Now also running FW 3.20 no problems so far and much improved searching for poi's.

Incidentally mine was originally destined for the French market as when registered with garmin it says so, but only bought 1 month ago.

There are things that I know and you don't know, there are things that you know that i don't know, but always remember there is much that we both don't know.
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitelife wrote:

Ive taken some screenshots to show you (sorry about the bad quality, went a bit too close in macro mode)

here is some software that will take screenshots of your device, you can also use it to write a modified/customised splash screen to the unit Wink

http://www.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=545
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almahadeus, sorry mate you're wrong...i to have mapping on the card and audio version 2.5...and having had problems with v3.20 i went back to v2.7, still retaining audio v2.5.......
nitelife
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timber wrote:

here is some software that will take screenshots of your device, you can also use it to write a modified/customised splash screen to the unit Wink

http://www.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=545

Excellent! I wondered how people in other threads got perfect pictures :D

Thanks. Embarassed
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going back to 2.7 to see if i'm imagining the lag in map mode.....
Coaster2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried all versions from 2.7 and have always gone back to 2.7.

Upgraded to 3.2 last week and, when I first used it, thought 'back to 2.7 again'.

I had the map freezing, the speedo freezing and the only way to get it going again was to switch off and restart. Was also getting 'low battery' warning so I wondered if that could be the problem.

Recharged the batteries and, since then have had no problems at all apart from the odd slow map update but no worse than 2.7. I shall now be sticking to 3.2. (for the time being :D )
suby786
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh ive noticed that 2

i was on 2.70 and now i upgraded to 3.20,

in map mode, it either works REALLLLY WELLL or it locks in 1 position sometiomes when im far up the road, pressing back and reloadin VIEW MAP unlocks it, but it can be annoying, but at most times it works really good

also in nav mode, when u press start navigating, the screen goes white (after its 100% routed), the directions at top are accurate but it takes a change in the map route for it not to be white. (3d mode)

i.e. if im on a roundabout when it reaches 100%, it will stay white until the next instruction, i.e. coming off the roundabout

this didnt use 2 happen on 2.70

has any1 else experienced this?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 8 of 14

Jump to: