Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New iGO Users
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New iGO Users

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: New iGO Users Reply with quote

I'll start the ball rolling: Been using NavNGo for 1 year now in Israel (BTW, I'm NOT associated with iGO or NavNGo in any way!). iGO is the 'next generation' update to this natty new piece of software. I tell you, its very fast on recalculate, nice advance turn warnings, exceptionally accurate (at least, over here) and has a fast, straight forward GUI. Can't comment on the UK roundabout thing - ours go the other direction and work fine (there are loads of 'em where I live). Its unlike Destinator or TT5 in that it does not have massive numbers of pages of options. It does seem to contain those major 'needs' for everyday use. Lack of a customizable POI datbase that is externally editable (no such word, is there?) and no Speed Camera warning 'add on' is a draw back to some users but these may be in the works (hint! hint!) The Overspeed Warning is of great benefit and this can be customized. The new English manual is quite well written. The software also has a built-in Help function. It is available on an SD card and operates directly with no registrations required. Upgrades seem to come out quarterly. Pretty fool-proof way since you need an original SD card on-line via Active Sync to have the upgrades authorised.

Sorry for the long, rambling discourse...Lets have some feedback from other users.
rvacaru
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is very fast on calculating routes...and iGO 2006 allows you to route from Budapest to Paris, without the need to change maps... full details...very nice.

;)
raffi76
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: New iGO Users Reply with quote

hi all,
i live now in israel and had destinator before i started to use iGO 2006
in destinator u could take an adress directly from a contact in your address book....
why don't they have that option in iGO 2006??
also u could have many favorites in destinator but only 2 in iGO 2006!!!!

anyone who solved this problems?

raffi76
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

contacts navigation is part of the latest beta.

You can have as many favorites as you want, as long as you accept to put them into custom POIs.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
mastermark
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was using Medion Navigator 5, but have recently installed IGO 2006 on my PDA, and I am well impressed.
I hope that the camera alert is available soon, this will complete what is already a fine system. My only gripe is that I cannot have the English birds voice on if I want my readings in Miles. She only talks in KM?
Anyone else found this, or is it just me? Smile
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mastermark wrote:
My only gripe is that I cannot have the English birds voice on if I want my readings in Miles. She only talks in KM?
Anyone else found this, or is it just me? Smile

Try changing your units from Kilometres to Miles Wink

Regards

Roger
ItsMikeE
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: New iGO Users Reply with quote

I have Destinator 3 Israel and need to replace with more up to date maps.
How good are the iGO maps for Israel, and how do the POIs compare?
Can I buy iGO Israel from UK?

raffi76 wrote:
hi all,
i live now in israel and had destinator before i started to use iGO 2006
in destinator u could take an adress directly from a contact in your address book....
why don't they have that option in iGO 2006??
also u could have many favorites in destinator but only 2 in iGO 2006!!!!

anyone who solved this problems?

raffi76
Peter123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: iGO 2006 - Israel maps Reply with quote

I also now live in Israel and have been using NavnGo for a year and have now updated (free!) to iGO 2006 Israel (see www.navngo.co.il buts its a hebrew site). The Israel maps are spot on and very, very detailed. :D The POIs are good but we need local users to come on with custom POIs to fill in the gaps - like they did in the UK.

I don't know if you can buy it in the UK but you can certainly buy it online from iGO's web site at www.i-go.com. Be aware that it comes CP locked to a SD card. That's good since you can use the card in any device but you cannot copy it to another card. That is part of their CP - there have been various threads about that but it seems to be a rather good system. Doing upgrades is simple as there are no nasty registration codes to worry about. You just go online with your card in your device hooked to your PC and the updates are automatically card-code verified and downloaded straight to the card.

There has been some talk about including a POI edit facility available as a beta and also perhaps Speed Camera database addition in the R2 release - we'll have to wait and see. iGO say their R2 release should be out this month but I haven't seen it yet.

All in all, definitely the way to go over here - from what I see, the whole country is using Mio168RS with iGO software.
ItsMikeE
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your response.
I can't see how to buy online from i-go.com, and my hebrew is nowhere near good enough to use the navngo / gpsmore site.
Do you know the current price (shekels will do)?
Is it available in shops in Israel (other than the airports) as I could get someone to buy it for me, and send it over.

You would think I could get this kind of information from iGO's sales people, but they do not respond.
Does not bode well for any future contact with their support people.
Peter123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure - it is available everywhere that sells ppc's and also at the airport. Typical street price would be around NIS1100 (shekels) and it comes on a SD card. The software is code-locked to the card so you can't copy it. Ask your friend to go online to gpsnow.co.il and order it for you. Other sites are also selling it. He can also go to zap.co.il and browse. I believe that Office Depot sells it too.

Its a great piece of sw - good luck! Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: