Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mio 168/Navman PIN with Maporama...... Setup woes!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mio 168/Navman PIN with Maporama...... Setup woes!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
irishgps
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Mio 168/Navman PIN with Maporama...... Setup woes!! Reply with quote

Sorry if I am posting in the incorrect section, but I dont see one specific to Navman PIN units, so although mine is branded Navman, its a Mio 168.

I recently read about Maporama and see that they have good quality maps for Ireland, so I visited the site today and downloaded their software for Pocket PC.

The install went fine and it starts up fine.
My problem is when I try under GPS setup, I am not 100% sure what port and baud to try and automatic doesnt seem to work for some reason.

Could somebody give me any ideas on this please? Also, I unzipped the UK map pack and it unzips to a folder called UK with 3 files inside. One is called license.txt, another UK.syg and another called UK.sym. The instructions said to unzip these and install ont he SD card in the root.

I added the 3 files to the root of the card but the software does not see them when I select load maps. Should I put them on the SD card inside the actual UK folder??

Appreciate any help.
Thanks
dabut
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try 4800 baud rate and serial cable com 2.if that does not work keep same baud rate and just keep trying any other options
irishgps
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're a star!!!! :D
Just did that this second and its starting to find them instantly.
I was using same port but had tried baud rates from 56 down to 9600. Didnt think it would be slower.
Now all I need to do is get it to see the maps

Cheers ;)
irishgps
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried and tried but no way can I get the maps to show.
I have saved them in various folders on the SD card but the software so far never sees a map?

Has ANYBODY got this to work? It looks like a great app. Some nice simple menu systems which would not require stylus precision to select etc.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: