Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - speed camera's for street pilot c320
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

speed camera's for street pilot c320

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pleb2k
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: speed camera's for street pilot c320 Reply with quote

i dowloaded the camera database for my garmin street pilot c320, i added them to my unit using poi loader, and for some reason they dont show up on the map, they only show when you go into my locations and manually select it so it takes you there, has anyone got any idea how you can set it so they show up on the map all the time without setting the unit to take you there, really annoying!!!! :x :x :x
gdavison
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are POI .. they dont show all the time...

Depending on how you set them up in POI loader depends on how and when they show ..

On my 340 and 76 CSx I do the following .. I use POI loader in manual mode... NOTE Make sure you have the units in POI loader set the same as the units in the GPS

I use the 23 individual files which I combine with selections of MAFTS POI's

I set all cameras that have a known speed to have a speed Alert of 5mph below the camera . ie a 30mph camera I set for 25 .. For all Unknowns or SPECs I set for a warning distance of 500 feet.. All Red Light Cameras i set for 500 feet also.. Use POI loader to load them all

On the GPS then set Proximity Warnings to ON

This way as you approach say a 30mph camera at greater than 25mph you start getting warnings .. if your less than 25mph you dont get warnings ..

Hope this helps

G

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: