Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - File Problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

File Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonka64
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: File Problem Reply with quote

Can anyone help, I have downloaded the speed camera data base, unzipped the files etc and saved them in a folder. The problem is with only one file which is the speed camera Moble.csv each time i try to convert it using the GPX convertor it stops saying "Error: Type Mismatch"

All other camera files load ok any ideas would be welcome. Confused
Scarecrow
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a problem with a few of the cameras in that particular file. Instead of a speed, the latitude portion of the camera position has been inserted instead, and it is this that is giving the problem you describe.

See this thread which will identify the cameras that need changing.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=44737
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an update we are aware of this issue and have modified the current database to resolve the issue. We are looking into why this occurred.
tonka64
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: File prob Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply sorarse I shall give it a go what it describes in your thread and post the result here 8)
Scarecrow
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are not happy about trying to amend the file it may be just as easy to download it again, based on what Darren has posted above about the database having been amended.
tonka64
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: file probs Reply with quote

Ok took the easy option and downloaded the files again........same problem occured.

Is there an issue with me just being a monthly subscriber IE: will I just be downloading the corrupted file again and again or should I be getting the updated file within my subscription period.

In the download options I have a choice to download the i3 CSV files but there is also a single file GPX which Iam assuming should also work with the garmin POPI loader????? Embarassed
Scarecrow
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the earlier versions of POI loader couldn't handle gpx files, but the latest one shouldn't have a problem loading gpx files on to your Sat Nav.
tonka64
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: File probs Reply with quote

Hi Sorarse, just changed the settings in the mobile.CSV file myself as per your findings and works fine now but still dont know why the second download still had the dodgy files.

Wonder if you could help me out with one other thing..... Confused

I have bought a sandisc transflash card and reader in order to back up my maps etc I then copied the garmin file on the original card via copy and paste and then re-copied it onto my new card but when inserted the new card and switched the unit on it came up with "please use the provided pc software to load maps containing turn by turn rout info"

I opened up the card and all stuff is their from my old card but it just dont seem to want to play ball......any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can back-up the data on the card to the PC, but you can only ever re-load the data to the same card, there is no way of copying the Garmin TransFlash data to another card, there was a post recently that some claimed would work for copying this card, but having tried this method myself it didn't work for me, have a read of the post HERE but as I said it didn't work, the TransFlash media card is suposed to be secure.
Even when Garmin released a free upgrade for the maps on the i3 (vs7 to vs8, you had to send your card away, if it were possible to upgrade yourself I am sure they would have simply made the file available via download if it were possible to fully write to the card - Mike
tonka64
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply looks like I rushed into it too quickly and now have a redundant 512mb card !!!!!! 8O

Perhaps one day someone may find a way round it.

Thanks again Smile
SammyM
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
As an update we are aware of this issue and have modified the current database to resolve the issue. We are looking into why this occurred.

Hi, I downloaded the most recent database to-day (28th Aug) and the "mismatch error" still occurs.

Regards
SammyM
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonka64 wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply looks like I rushed into it too quickly and now have a redundant 512mb card !!!!!!

how much do you want for it? my new phone takes transflash cards ;)

pm me

MaFt

ps - back on topic now ;)
SammyM
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammyM wrote:
Darren wrote:

Hi, I downloaded the most recent database to-day (28th Aug) and the "mismatch error" still occurs.

Regards
SammyM

UPDATE :- Downloaded the new 30th Aug. database and everything is fine.
malc77
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am getting same message for the pmobile cameras downloaded and converted on 1 May 2007. Anyone else having same problem??

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: