Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help with TX+tomtom 5 + seidio G4850S set up!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with TX+tomtom 5 + seidio G4850S set up!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
himpressive
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Help with TX+tomtom 5 + seidio G4850S set up! Reply with quote

Hi Guys, Would someone please save me from another sleepless night? Confused
I needed to get a map of USA for the rental car we booked for our coming family holiday to the States. While looking at the Tomtom Go910, I stumbled upon a good deal from a supplier in the States, so I thought it would be a good idea to replace my old Tomtom Go Classic.
I bought a bundle GPS package for my TX that had tomtom Navigator 5.201 application and Maps of USA and GB plus, with a Seidio Sirf III GPS Powered Mount.
After installing the application and activating the maps, I tried to use the unit for navigation, but the Tomtom keeps displaying the message: "No GPS Device"!
I have tried different configurations and variations of ON/Off sequences to no avail.
I can do everything on the software except get a fix and get the TX to communicate with the Mount and the software. The indicator light on the mount lights up when connected to the lighter and the TX shows a "charging" signal.
I need a solution from a lifesaver out there!
TazUk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you configured TomTom to use "other NMEA GPS" with a baud rate of 4800?
little_evs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the same boat as himpressive.

I've just received my Seidio G4850s from a German supplier as I could not source one in the UK.

I have TomTom 5 on a Palm T5.

I eagerly connected it up but as per 'himpressive', TomTom 5 does not see the GPS device. I picked the "other NMEA GPS" with a baud rate of 4800 as per the manual. But get the no gps device message.

I'm under the impression that this combination should work, as it doesn't either the GPS chip is broken, the hardware/software combo don't work or some settings need to be changed....

Any help/advice or hints gratefully received
iCN520
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.... I have the same unit and a Palm t5 with TomTom v5 the connection in tomtom is other NMEA GPS and b/r 4800 and it works some time's.. if you read my post under Seidio GPS Hardware, you will see my frustration. I have found if I move the t5 up and down a bit in the mount I get one of two things...
1. GPS working but Palm very un-responsive... or
2. No GPS and Palm working 100%

I am still waiting for a response from Seidio... I dont think I will hold my breath...

Cheers Ken

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: