Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Version v6.15 Firmware Update for pre x10 AIO's
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Version v6.15 Firmware Update for pre x10 AIO's
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Ray's extended warnings on this latest 6.15 version Reply with quote

pip510 wrote:
id wrote:
Has any one managed to get Rays extended warnings running on this latest version. Each time I try it just locks up.

ID Crying or Very sad

Works for me have you downloaded the data chck and renamed it appropiately as you are supposed to.

pips510, are you confusing the 15 voice data.chk file with the "extended version". I'm pretty sure that Ray has not yet developed the EXTENDED 30 voices!!

There is a data.chk that contains 15 spoken files on Rays site.

iPhone 6 with Western Europe & CamerAlert
keefrto
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pip510, I did back up my 1gb version prior to the reformat, i did not include this. so alls well and the new software is aok at present.
:D
USA and Canada maps v840.2561
Captuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone, ive just updated to 6.150 installation went fine but im seem to come across one problem when i click on mobile phone icon, then call , the phonebook entry is not high lighted is there anyway to manual type into the phone book? look forward to anyone that can help me out.

My Mobile phone is a Sony E 910i.

Many thanks
pip510
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captuk wrote:
Hi everyone, ive just updated to 6.150 installation went fine but im seem to come across one problem when i click on mobile phone icon, then call , the phonebook entry is not high lighted is there anyway to manual type into the phone book? look forward to anyone that can help me out.

My Mobile phone is a Sony E 910i.

Many thanks

Yeah connect your tom tom to the pc and open up the phonebook and add the phone numbers manually, though I would try leaving the phone to it again. I used to have this problem with mine but if you let it go for long enough it did back up to tom tom eventuially though it was by no means fast

Let's Be Safe Out There
Captuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there when i link the tomtom to my PC what the folder called for the Phonebook on the tomtom.
geraint
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the changes TomTom have made is to move where the application thinks your contacts are.

Your contacts are in a file called contacts.txt, which used to be in the root directory, but is now in a subdirectory called contacts.

What the update seems to have done is to create the contacts directory and put an empty contacts.txt into it. This is why your application has greyed out your phonebook - it thinks it's empty.

Luckily, your original contacts.txt should still be intact in the root directory. If this is the case, simply copy it to the contacts subdirectory, and it should work again.

At least, this is what happened to me.

TomTom like to keep us on our toes...

TomTom for iPhone v1.9
App version: 8.300 (777309)
Map: Western Europe v875.3668
keefrto
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone had this problem since downloading 6.15? My screen after switching it off, appears to have a faded splash screen just noticeable still showing. The on / off liht is off, however the unit's battery this am is completely flat. Will spk to tt this am to find out.
Question 8O
rb5286
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have just performed the latest update via TT Home and have found the following problem:

TTG goes to re-boot after disconnecting from laptop but just sits there on the splash screen.

I left it for approx 5 minutes with no change.

Am I just impatient and should wait longer or is it crashing on me?

I have tried installing the new update twice now and have had revert back to v5.44 but have lost all my favourites now!!!!
arfurdent
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rb5286 wrote:
i have just performed the latest update via TT Home and have found the following problem:

TTG goes to re-boot after disconnecting from laptop but just sits there on the splash screen.

I have tried installing the new update twice now and have had revert back to v5.44 but have lost all my favourites now!!!!

join the club, TTSupport have had about six goes at fixing this. It is related to the SD card type. I am using a Kingston Elite 256MB SD card which will not work with v6.15. Use the original TT SD card or get another one
keefrto
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arfurdent wrote:
rb5286 wrote:

join the club, TTSupport have had about six goes at fixing this. It is related to the SD card type. I am using a Kingston Elite 256MB SD card which will not work with v6.15. Use the original TT SD card or get another one

hi rb5286, go back a page on this forum and see if what i did helps. you should not really need to get another sd card
good luck
cptbrian
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sixonenine wrote:
I don't know if it's just 'cos I'm stupid, but I can't figure out how to get text to speech to work on my 700. Just installed 6.15 but couldn't get it sorted on .14 - Does it actually work then? I just get a message saying because I've chosen a recorded voice (all I use is the default UK woman) that text to speech won't work. Any advice? Thakns in advance [619]
Try using Catherine uk Computer generated voice it workd on my 910
pip510
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cptbrian wrote:
sixonenine wrote:
I don't know if it's just 'cos I'm stupid, but I can't figure out how to get text to speech to work on my 700. Just installed 6.15 but couldn't get it sorted on .14 - Does it actually work then? I just get a message saying because I've chosen a recorded voice (all I use is the default UK woman) that text to speech won't work. Any advice? Thakns in advance [619]

Text to speech will not work on any other Tom Tom model apaprt from the 910 as the programme uses 4 gb of memory

Let's Be Safe Out There
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pip510 wrote:
Text to speech will not work on any other Tom Tom model apaprt from the 910 as the programme uses 4 gb of memory
Not strictly true. Each voice uses about 300MB.

Having said that it would appear that you should be only using this on a 910. On anything else, it's not kosher. Probably in TomTom case - verbotten.Smile

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cptbrian wrote:
Is this reply a day early? or do you allways use "Sunday" names, I have no Catherine computer voice on my 910, there is one called Kate though Laughing Mike
MickeyM
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have just upgraded my Classic to 6150,was a bit slugish to begin with,as I had to tap screen quite hard to get pages up,but getting better now. Have loaded data.chk 7120 into unit and made the previous one data.chk old, but I am not getting voices (they are activated) for Gatso,etc, tried 7080 as well to no avail, can anyone help please,by the way I dragged and dropped into place, did not go through Tomtom home as did not know how with data.chk. Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: