Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - BE WARNED....medion customer service sucks
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

BE WARNED....medion customer service sucks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SirSwampThing
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: BE WARNED....medion customer service sucks Reply with quote

5 or 6 weeks ago I reported to Medion that the charger connector on my Micromaxx ppc had become loose, a well known and documented problem. They refused to replace it, insisting that I send it to them for a repair that they said would take 4 to 6 weeks! As I need my satnav on a daily basis I decided to hold off on returning it until I had a replacement I could use in the meantime. I now have one borrowed from work so I contacted Medion today to organise the return.
The first `phone call ended when I was told I could ONLY return it via their courier and would have to wait in (possibly) all day on Wednesday for it to be collected, apparently its far too much trouble for them to send me a prepaid jiffybag!!. Wednesday is impossible for me so I organised with a neighbour to hand over the ppc when the courier comes. So I rang Medion back twice to try and organise this, it was their idea afterall for me to ask a neighbour or family member. It now appears that its impossible for me to return the ppc without first going through the hassle of explaining my problem to customer services who then have to put me through to technical for them to correctly ascertain the problem (even though they have already got it documented in my customer log!!!) Technical will then decide whether I can return it under warranty....As they informed me of a 10 person queue with an estimated wait time of 25 minutes I hung up...
So.......Medion can and do sell some good equipment for knockdown prices, but should it go wrong they are about as much help as a chocolate fireguard........
oldfogy
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately this is your opinion and experience because of the service you seem to have had.

As I look after several friends products and am in contact with Medion on a fairly frequent basis, I on the other hand have found the Medion service most helpful and not necessarily just because of products going wrong, (yes this does happen occasionally as with any manufactures product) but for the advice on things I wanted to know with regards to modifications and upgrading their products.

Unlike some companies, because I am not the owner of the product in question who will blatantly not help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: