Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - MEDION
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

MEDION

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
66Mustang
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: MEDION Reply with quote

I bought the Medion SatNav/PDA bundle from Aldi two and a half years ago. It's been back to them twice for the same fault, and this time, they lost the battery. They say it's my fault, and directed me to the website to buy a new one!

I am fuming. Avoid Medion/Aldi as their products are of average quality at best, and appears they will screw you over given the chance.
BernieK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Don't agree... Reply with quote

...I didn't buy a satnav but have bought one of their computers. It is excellent value with a 36 month repair at home warranty. Brilliant value for money.

I have used it once for the DVD burner (Panasonic) which decided not to recognise new blank media - blanks that I could then burn on the wife's networked PC. They came and replaced it without fuss.

Software package is very good, stuff you would actually want rather than a load of lame games. You also get orginal software discs for all the installed software.

I doubt I will every bother going elsewhere in future, while my 21" Trinitron monitor remains good (on it's 3rd PC now) and the rest of the kit works, replacing the tower is the way for me... and Medion is the best value I've ever found.

You must have got the Fri pm unit...
rabenson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree with BernieK regarding the excellent quality and aftersales of the Aldi/Medion PCs - Really can't fault them at all!

Shame that you had a bad experience 66Mustang, but I suspect that it is not typical.
exbootneck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: medion / aldi Reply with quote

I too have bought several electronic gadgets from Aldi. I have found them to be excellent value. I have had good responces/ solutions from both the shop and the supplier. I bought the Ego laptop for a grand, it wouldn't copy DVD's I took it back to the supermarket and the manager replaced it with out any quibbling. I just bought the MD96800 sat nav, when I found out I couldn't get maps of australia for it, I got a cash refund on the spot. When i found out it could be modified I bought another one. I was told if I still had further issues I could return it. Sorry to hear of your bad experiences. well done ALDI and MEDION.
FazerUK
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have bought several electronic gadgets from Aldi. I have found them to be excellent value.

and the best thing about them as you can get your money back dead easy.

I done it on the last day of the 12 months and then got same item but cheaper as they redued there prices Laughing Out Loud

I also have PCs off them and got my money back twice.
Western_Europe-Map v650.1127
andyhat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also have had item's from aldi one of which was the medion sat-nav & when the tt came down in price else where i took the medion back said it was faulty & got refund without any questions, then took tt back to halfrauds which was faulty & had nothing but trouble getting refund took 3 week so i know in future which store i prefer to buy from good old aldi.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: