Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TMC 12 and Nuvi 310
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TMC 12 and Nuvi 310

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deesoft
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: TMC 12 and Nuvi 310 Reply with quote

Hi

Well, everything was working well, receiving Traffic info fine. Then yesterday afternoon I stopped getting Traffic info. Traffic Icon still comes up when I plug in the TMC 12 into my Nuvi 310D, but thats it. 'No Traffic Data' is the message.

Anyone out there had the same prbole, or does it mean a trip back to Halfords.

David

God gave us the Integer, the rest was devised by man.
ravi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing on mine too. Called Garmin last week and tthey said that there were some issues with the traffic thing and they were working to fix them.

Guess we'll have to wait!
Trafficman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes my traffic has gone too! It may wll be an RAC Live problem.
parbrook
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trafficman wrote:
Yes my traffic has gone too! It may wll be an RAC Live problem.

The Trafficmaster/RAC Live TMC service is broadcast by GWR, Capital Radio and Chrysalis, but I can't find anywhere that shows the status of the service.
deesoft
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: RAC Live Reply with quote

I have just spent some time trying to find links to the RAC Live service. Every link I find on the Internet to the RAC live service seems to finish up in the same back alley ie on the RAC siter but with the 'Page Not Found' message.
It would seem the all the relevant offices are of course 'Normal working day' offices. So where do we go from here?

David

stevemiles
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Nuvi 310D and TMC12 Reply with quote

I have the same problem with "no traffic info" being recieved.

All was fine before I applied the updated firmware from teh Garmin site - so I guess this must be a software problem.

Halfords did exchange my 310D but the prblem remains...looks like we will have to wait for Garmin to fix in the next software update.

Everything else works great - a neat little device.
deesoft
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Softwar4 Update Reply with quote

Hi Steve

I don't think it was the firmware update, as I was running traffic on Thursday 15th, watching the Traffic situation for my son, then lo and behold, half way through the afternoon I stopped get traffic info.

David

pauliboo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, i have nothing to worry about then, i've had my 510D since Saturday and the traffic hasn't ever worked Sad
deesoft
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: It's Working Again Reply with quote

Well 5 days after my original problem of 'Lost Traffic Data', it is working again. It definitely wasn't working this afternoon, but tonight, I thought I would have another try, and there it was a lovely blue traffic icon.

I now don't have to take my Nuvi 310D back to Halfords. :D

stevemiles
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halfords replaced my 310D because of the no TMC data being recieved issue.
My TMC now works! In my case at least, it is difficult to say whether the problem was RAC Trafficmaster being unavailable or a faulty unit. My suspicions are with the unit, given the replacement picked up signals straigt away, although in fairness it would be nice for RAC to publish a bit more detail on exactly which areas do recieve broadcasts and a web site providing a status report on the service!
ravi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.trafficmaster.co.uk/page.cfm?key=network-mapnew
TGL
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: TMC 12 and Nuvi 310 Reply with quote

deesoft wrote:
Hi

Well, everything was working well, receiving Traffic info fine. Then yesterday afternoon I stopped getting Traffic info. Traffic Icon still comes up when I plug in the TMC 12 into my Nuvi 310D, but thats it. 'No Traffic Data' is the message.

Anyone out there had the same prbole, or does it mean a trip back to Halfords.

David

Yep, this has happened to me too. Some days I get traffic data and some days I do not. My 310D confirms the GTM12 is plugged in and working after connecting it to the car power output, but some days I get traffic, and other days I do not. This kind of intermittent behaviour even happens on a single trip. I travel down the M4 from J8/9 to J2 near Ealing, and sometimes I only get traffic data when I am close to London.

Also I am concerned about the quality of data received. Sometimes there can be a big traffic jam on the M4, but the GTM12 doesn't appear to be receiving data on the hold-up, although I am getting traffic alerts for other areas successfully. I'm actually wondering if the service level Garmin have paid for is the basic level (I hear there is a free service, and then the data levels/quality increase as you pay more money for your subscription).
cantgetlost
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following post re my " Kin Useless" GTM unit and then the arrival of the split aerial connector, i had my first real taste of the units worth today.
I had to travel up M3 to London Park Royal Ind Estate area. As I approached the M25 it gave me re route options due to traffic hold ups.
God onlt knows where I went, but I arrived 12 mins later than the original routes ETA and hhad no hold ups compared to associate who left before me and arrived an hour and 1O mins after me.

Well if sat nav is crap and I'm a Dutchman Laughing
And the TMC gizmo did its thing fine Not Worthy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: