Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How to mount ICN 630
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How to mount ICN 630

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: How to mount ICN 630 Reply with quote

I am curious how other members of this forum have mounted the ICN 630. My car has a deeply sloping windshield (windscreen), and when I use the suction cup mount the 630 is too far forward to reach, let alone see with my old eyes. I have tried placing it further up the windshield to bring it closer, but then I have the wire hanging and it also blocks my vision.

I do not want to use the permanent mount to put it on the dashboard, since the car is leased, and I don't wish to destroy the top of the dashboard (even if I owned the car, I wouldn't do it).

Does anyone know of any mounts I could use? Possibly a cellphone mount that could be modified? I'm thnking of trying to find Garmin's bean bag mount to see if it can be modified.

Thanks
SimonB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: How to mount ICN 630 Reply with quote

Sparks,

I believe ProClip/ProMount have now released some ICN630 Mounts - see the NavMan website for details.

Or see here: About 3/4 ways down the page:

The ProClip and Ipaq ProMount I have is superb, so I'm sure it'll be as good if they have.

Hope that helps!
sparks
Occasional Visitor

Thanks, I'll look into that. In the meanwhile, I picked up a Garmin bean bag mount. It looks like I'll be able to glue the ICN630 disc to the garmin mount, or use the self stick tape to accomplish the same thing, and use the suction cup that comes with the ICN630, to mount to the disc. We'll see how that works out.
WhiteWolf
Occasional Visitor

Brodit has a perfect Proclip for iCN630, visit www.brodit.se

WhiteWolf
sparks
Occasional Visitor

Thanks, I'll check it out.
jDude
Occasional Visitor

sparks,

what did you end up with?

I just got my iCN 630, I find that the glass suction cup mount is not very helpful. Either I have very short arms or the dashboard is just way too far.. It's very hard to use when you can't reach it.

I would like to find a alternate way to mount this.

thanks
sparks
Occasional Visitor

jDude,

The Brodit Proclip mentioned above looks interesting, but at the present time, I am working on modifying the Garmin beanbag mount so that I can attach the disk to it and then use the suction cup mount to attach to the disk. I think it will work. I just haven't had the time to go shopping for a couple of parts.
tasdisr
Occasional Visitor

I ordered a Brodit ProClip and mounting bracket for my car. As soon as I received and install it. I will let everyone know how it works out.
tasdisr
Occasional Visitor

I received my Brodit pro clip and mounting bracket for the ICN-630. The mount installed easily enough and it does swivel and tilt some for better access and visibility. Much easier to access than trying to stretch across the dashboard for the controls.

tasdisr
sparks
Occasional Visitor

Does the Brodit pro clip mount to the air conditioning vent? I was on their web site and it seems that you have to order the clip that is specifically made for your car. Since My car is not yet listed, I don't know if they make one for it yet.

One other question, is it removable? Since my car is leased, I will need to remove it at the end of the lease.

Thanks.
SimonB
Regular Visitor

Each clip is specifically made for each car - in most cases, you gently part sections of the dash, and the ProClip fits in these gaps.

In most cases, its fits really snuggly, and looks like the clip has always been there! - I've got one, and it is outstanding.

The clip provides you with a blank facia to screw anything to - i.e ProMount, Phone Car Kits etc.

When finished with, you just use the little tool, and part the dash again - and out comes the ProClip - no marks or anything.

What car do you have? - Some cars are under different names, as they can be branded differently in certain countries.

Simon

--
sparks
Occasional Visitor

I have a 2004 Lexus RX330.

I can't seem to find prices on the web site, or information on how to go about ordering from them. My son has a Lexus IS300 and wants to order from them, but he doesn't know how to do it. I looked also, and can't find any info.

Darren
Frequent Visitor

Try Proclip USA, they are Brodit's US arm and have an online shop.
sparks
Occasional Visitor

Darren,

Thanks. They list my son's car but not mine yet.

Regards
buckrogers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:21 am    Post subject: Brodit Clips Reply with quote

With regard to these I have to say I have mixed feelings. I ordered mine and it took over 3 weeks to be delivered. The bracket for my car (VW Golf) was formed so that it clips into my air-vent. It didn't last one whole day before it broke. The ends of the plastic bracket are only 1mm thick and not strong enough, they also distorted the car's plastic vent permanently by the way they fit, not so good when the car is brand new.

On the other hand, the adapter for the icn630 is well engineered and I do understand how difficult it must be to produce an adapter for every model of car.

At the moment I'm looking into less damaging and stronger way to fix the mount, but only for the VW.

Hope other people has better luck with theirs!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: