Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Need a battery for my 510
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Need a battery for my 510
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
98jeep360
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Need a battery for my 510 Reply with quote

Left the 510 in my Jeep glove box for the last 6 months, and now my battery is toast. I have searched hi and low, and there seems to be no source for this battery. I took the unit apart, and googled the part numberer (3mt07135211) to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Andy
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Need a battery for my 510 Reply with quote

98jeep360 wrote:
Left the 510 in my Jeep glove box for the last 6 months, and now my battery is toast. I have searched hi and low, and there seems to be no source for this battery. I took the unit apart, and googled the part numberer (3mt07135211) to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Andy

Apart from contacting Navman itself, who I would have thought would have been able to help, try any Navman resellers. My local company is TheNavigationCompany in Hertford (0870 3000 678) or www.thenavigationcompany.com who may be able to give you information even if they cannot get the battery. Alternatively, there are many battery specific companies on the web who supply or make batteries to order. If you give them the battery, they could reproduce one for you. Idea
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS Try here
http://www.m-99.co.uk/Mobile_Phone_Batteries/mobile_phone_batteries.html
NiKEUS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not that i reccomend this but someone i know bought a new one then swapped the battery over with an old duff one after takin it apart carefully then returned the newer one and got the money back, not that its the ethical thing to do...
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NiKEUS wrote:
not that i reccomend this but someone i know bought a new one then swapped the battery over with an old duff one after takin it apart carefully then returned the newer one and got the money back, not that its the ethical thing to do...

You can understand it, then, why some retailers are suspicious of their customers. People like that just make matters worse Sad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just removed the "lid" from my 510 and the battery part number is 441683800002 it is a 3,7 Volt cell capacity of 1350 mAh - A quick search on Google with just the part number came up with a number of options it would appear the same battery is used in the Dell Axim x5 and Nokia 3310 to name but a few, BUT the Navman unit needs a flying lead, it might be possible to remove the old cable assembly and solder it to the new battery - if you are unsure about doing this then DONT - Mike
EDIT ONCE MikeAlder - to all others Please DO NOT open up your device to have a look for part numbers etc - you might damage the device - if you are not sure and its working leave it alone, my unit is still working by the way
98jeep360
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navman response to my repeated e mails was: "Gee... just ship it over the pond to England, and our pro techs can replace it for 50 pounds or euros or whatever that sign is. That is bull that this thing is barely a year old, and can't be serviced. I would not feel guilty about buying another unit and warrantying it now. However, I will just simply buy a Garmin next time. Thanks for the info on the battery part #, it is different than the number on mine.

Andy
rat_tabs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 510 is just over a year old and, I too, have been quoted £49 for the battery to be replaced.
As most of the time I have mine in the car, I am just going to not bother and use the power leads!!
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rat_tabs wrote:
My 510 is just over a year old and, I too, have been quoted £49 for the battery to be replaced.
As most of the time I have mine in the car, I am just going to not bother and use the power leads!!

If you look here http://ww8.aitsafe.com/cf/add.cfm?userid=A268869&return=www.m-99.co.uk&price=7.95&product=Battery+for+Nokia+3310+1400mAh&submit=Buy its only £7.95 Exclamation
Simon1
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
If you look here http://ww8.aitsafe.com/cf/add.cfm?userid=A268869&return=www.m-99.co.uk&price=7.95&product=Battery+for+Nokia+3310+1400mAh&submit=Buy its only £7.95 Exclamation

Surely that is for a removable phone battery, not the small one that is part of the 510's circuitboard?
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon1 wrote:
Gee-Pee wrote:

Surely that is for a removable phone battery, not the small one that is part of the 510's circuitboard?

See the post by Maike Alder, above. I'm just tying up the part number with the site that I found with what appears to be the same spec battery. No guarantees :|
shorepower
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Batttery same as for Mio 168 Reply with quote

Buy it here

http://www.ebatts.com/mitac_mio-168_pda_accessories.aspx
shorepower
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or here

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/laptopsforless/e3mio2135211.html

or here

http://www.tele-online.dk/product.asp?product=4639&sub=0&page=1

or here

http://www.onlybatteries.com/E3MIO2135211---Navman-PiN-GPS-Battery.html

Trick is to search for the MIO partnumber E3MIO2135211
pandamedic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

will this fit my icn 510?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Navman-Pin-Pocket-MIO-BATTERY-E3Mio213521-1300mAh_W0QQitemZ8821741357QQihZ005QQcategoryZ75446QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
shorepower
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Battery for Navman 5X0 Reply with quote

Batteri can now be purchased out of the UK for your Navman. So if you need to replace and do not want to pay £50 to Navman, here is an option

http://www.gpsforless.co.uk/search.php?st=brand%7CNavman

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: