Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - StreetPilot i3 software version 3.00
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

StreetPilot i3 software version 3.00
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
See all you have to do to fix all of the problems is update from 3.0 to 3.0 and it will all work......

Worked for me just fine.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

</SARCASM>
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and as you can see useless in the hands of an idiot with a cat.

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Coaster2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope I'm not being a pain but I'm new to this. I have downloaded v2.7. Can anyone please explain how I get it into the i3?
Coaster2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Timber who explained it to me.
DarrenGraves
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I saw this on a website and notice that someone else mentions it....

Doing a hard reset after installing new firmware. I'm not sure that it will make any difference (as the bugs seem to be in the program and algorithms).

Anyhow, a hard reset is acheived by pressing all three buttons on the front of the i3, pressing the power button last. You will lose all of you POI data.

I'm going to give v3.0 one last chance!

Darren.
sunstrip_steve
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard reset and reinstalling of 3.00 doesn't solve the problems. I have never had any odd suggestions of route from 3.00 though, i would check the settings. There are other issues. Would be good to get some sence out of garmin, not much point of having an address to send issues to if they do not respond.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm the Hard Reset doesn't "fix" 2.9 or 3.0 faults. Even if you do it before updating and / or after.
PerseusTheseus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Garmin i3 Reply with quote

I bought a Garmin i3 form Halfords a few weeks ago. It came with version 2.6 and within a few hours of setting it up the screen went white and then it turned itself off. This happend at least 5 times on that same day. I took it back and they gave me another one. I have since updated to version 3.0 and i havent had any problems with it whatsoever, the Voice timings are superb the map refreshes fine, and i hardley have to ever look at the screen. :P

is there a voice update availiable? my unit tells me im using audio version 2.00

Regards
PerseusTheseus
greeny67
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am i the only person that has NOT had any problems with V3.!!!

I had v2.9 before and that was total poo screen freezes everywhere.

I have had the latest update since the first day of release and have used it in navigate mode a hell of a lot without any issues other than the slightly early turning announcements which I can live with.

Here's the settings I am running at the moment...

Garmin i3 - new version with internal memory
Firmware v3.0 (manual update)
Audio v2.3
External Maplin antenna
12 volt ciggy feed
EGNOS/WAAS enabled
As many POI's as the memory will allow (20000+)
Detail set to Normal
3d View
PerseusTheseus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Garmin i3 Reply with quote

I see you are using audio version 2.3, my unit tells me im using audio version 2.00 but i cant find an update to download, have you any idea where i can download an update for voice prompts?

Im using V3.0 aswell and i can say with a big grin on my face that i have had no problems at all with any aspect of my Garmin i3 unit,

Maybe Early adopters of the garmin i3 when it first came out had some hardware faults which Garmin were too red faced to own up to: coniquentley when you try to upload to a new version of virmware there may have been some compatibitlty issues causing the units to shut down/ screen freezing loosing reception ... all of which cannot be down to software alone can it ?

My new unit came with version 2.9 . . . although i had no problems with the current settings, if there are updates i shall upload them.

I can uderstand the phrase " if it aint broke .... " but why develop new sofware if no-one will download it ... I myself am more than happy to try new sofware. If it does have adverse affects you can always revert back!

PerseusTheseus
Coaster2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the problems seem to arise when you are only using the map mode. I recently drove through Nottingham in map mode and the screen froze constantly. Had to turn the thing off and on again to get a response.

I then set an address and used it to get a route. It took me the same way through Nottingham and the screen never froze once.

I've informed Garmin of this and the only advice I was given was to reinstall version 3.0.

I'm now back on 2.7 and I'm staying with it untill Garmin get it sorted out.
greeny67
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin i3 Reply with quote

PerseusTheseus wrote:
I see you are using audio version 2.3, my unit tells me im using audio version 2.00 but i cant find an update to download, have you any idea where i can download an update for voice prompts?

PerseusTheseus

Not sure how i ended up with Audio v.2.3

All i can do is give you the run down of my firmware updates to date..

Unit shipped with firmware 2.7 not 100% sure which audio version though suspect v2.0

Updated to v.2.9 using the Garmin updater and suspect thats when I got audio v2.3

Went back to v.2.7 manual update

Then manual update to v3.0 with audio at v2.3

I really wish Garmin would nail down which Audio version we should be using... then make it available to all..... or am i asking too much Confused
PerseusTheseus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin i3 Reply with quote

greeny67 wrote:

I really wish Garmin would nail down which Audio version we should be using... then make it available to all..... or am i asking too much Confused

Not at all, If Garmin Continue to update their Software and offer it free-of-charge to download, They should have a section on their site where ALL firmware/Audio/Software updates should be readily available Direct from Garmin.

At this moment in time we are Relying on 3rd party websites to continue to host these files for us to download for free, What happens when they decide to stop; what would we do if we happen to download a "new" firware version/revision which so happens to render your unit inoperable ??

Regards

PerseusTheseus
PerseusTheseus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Garmin-i3 Reply with quote

Coaster2 wrote:
All the problems seem to arise when you are only using the map mode. I recently drove through Nottingham in map mode and the screen froze constantly. Had to turn the thing off and on again to get a response.

My Garmin Unit Stays in the car all-the-time Ive had the Lighter lead converted and routed to a on/off switch on my dash.

Every time I enter my car I always switch my Unit on and put it into map mode, even along short journies when im not wanting it to navigate me somewhere. The maps refresh realy smoothly regardless of what speed im doing :D, It acuratley calculates my speed to +- 2mph (compared to my speedo) and has never crashed, shutdown, froze ... on one occasion it did give me a voice prompt a tad bit early but a quick glance at the unit and i knew where i was at and more importantly where i was going!.

As my Unit is fairly new, I can only assume that the problems people are having with newer version downloads are due to older Garmin Units

Any Thoughts ?

Regards

PerseusTheseus

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 9 of 16

Jump to: