Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom SD card ejected! Error #2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom SD card ejected! Error #2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sven_G
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: TomTom SD card ejected! Error #2 Reply with quote

New problem.

Driving around with the second TTN 5 in a Treo 650.

As we're driving TTN asys the card has been ejected and it has been a no-go ever since, with the error message in the subject.

The Treo can see the card and says that it has 841.5 MB free, out of 1.8 GB.

I'm heading out of town in the AM and had planned to bring this TTN with me to find my way but I'm beginning to wonder about the reliability of the sofware.

Any ideas what could make the card suddenly unusable by TTN ?

Thanks,

-Sven
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think TomTom is to blame here. Rather your combination of strange card (1.8 GB?) and slow device (Treo). You may want to reformat the card to FAT16 file system (not FAT32)

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Sven_G
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lutz,

lbendlin wrote:
I don't think TomTom is to blame here. Rather your combination of strange card (1.8 GB?) and slow device (Treo). You may want to reformat the card to FAT16 file system (not FAT32)

I'll try that when I get back. The card is sold as 2 GB, DanDisk Ultra, I assume .2 GB gets lost in the file system (?) or maybe some hidden files ?

For now I just moved the card from the other Treo over (the one you helped me restore a few hours ago). There is an advantage to having two complete GPSlim236/TomTom Navigator 5/Treo 650 sets after all.

Thanks for the suggestion,

-Sven
Sven_G
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Won't format Reply with quote

I just got back from my first trip with the Palm/Treo 650 TomTom GPSlim 236 combination. It worked like a charm and was great to have on hand especially when rushing to return the rental car before my flight back.

The SD card that showed up as ejected just before the trip is another matter. It would not reformat in the Treo and it will not reformat or erase using the OSX disk utility via a USB interface.

Bummer; seems like a two day-old $80 2 GB SD card that has bitten the dust for no apparent reason :-(

-Sven
eillo7
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...

I've just had a similar experience - looks like one of the files in the Tomtom folder on the card has become corrupted, so when Tomtom tries to launch it cannot see the file it is looking for and therefore thinks there is no card inserted.

Fortunately for me I was able to re-format the card and reinstall everything from a backup (ALWAYS have a backup! ;) )

Maybe you weren't so lucky and the corruption on your card is irrecoverable?

Card sellers tend to be fairly understanding about such things - try getting an exchange.
TazUk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
...and slow device (Treo).

Eh, my Treo 650 runs TT5 perfectly Confused
jgombos
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also received the missing SD card error noted in the subject. I reformatted the SD card, and reinstalled TomTom using TT Home, and the problem evaporated.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: