Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT910 UK Users First Impressions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT910 UK Users First Impressions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seanm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sg16 wrote:
mikealder wrote:
Could those of you experiancing this problem please post back with some additional information, PC OS, PC Firewall and status, antivirus software installed also if internet access is online when you are trying to use the program.
I am only thinking it might be able to show one common link between the three (At the moment) devices - Mike

Apologies for delay in replying - gardening duty as punishment for spending money :D

Windows XP Professional. Norton AV 2006 including Firewall (Doesn't change things if disabled) TT Home Version 1.0 Created 13th March 2006. Using direct from USB 1 port (have USB 2 hub but again seems to make no difference). No change if online or not.

As ever grateful for everyones help.

Steve

I am afraid to say, it has to be hardware. I had exactly the same issue as described with my first 910 (I got it replaced by PC World immediately due to lock ups when using the remote??)

The second unit, works flawlessly with TT Home.
seanm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

should have been more specific,
TomTom Hardware and not your PC Hardware!
seanm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought, It wasn't the cradle either.
I accidentally forgot to pack the cradle, I am using the same one that came with the first unit. (now have 2!!)

I may be wrong and it could be the tomtom home software embedded on the go? just trying to rule things out for you....

Sean
kieronishere
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still having the problem of home crashing when I press the power button indicated by the red arrow in my go910 under planning. Version 6.020 firmware on the 910 (mine was initially in german aswell as others have reported) and home is 1.1 build 048.

Has anyone sucessfully sorted this out other than getting a different unit?
bond007
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks,
May I ask, what is the response speed of the 910 like compared to say the 700 and 500 in terms of trying to browse the map, finding addresses etc. Is there any or much time lag or is the response quick? I appreciate that reading off an SD card (500) takes more time than say reading off the internal disk (700 & 910).
thanks
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the response time similar to the TTOne I used before,

I do find the long Boot Up Time of the 910 frustrating, it seems to sit on the splash screen for ages before going to the main page. Apart from that route calcuations etc seem similar in spped to the TTOne
Ugly-Kid-Joe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you still get a months free trial with Tom Tom Traffic on the 910?
Should expect mine in the next couple of days Smile
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes There is still a months free trial with the 910

Beware! It downloads traffic for the Whole of Europe not just the UK, so it takes longer and knocks a whacking hole in your GPRS Traffic Allowance and charges.

I have not found any way to restrict the Traffic Data to the UK only yet on the 910 Trial, if anyone has maybe they will post the details here!
MaxWild
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sg16 wrote:
mikealder wrote:
The only thing I see different is under the Planning heading on the left I get "My GO 910" whereas your screen shot depicts "My Device" - I don't get an option to re-name the device when I click the "My Device" icon at the bottom left of the screen it just simply lists the 910 as the only item but it is labeled "My GO 910" have you tried the re-install of the PC application? - Mike

I am having the same problem as mrstella by the sound of it. I have the "My Go 910" as Mike suggests but when I click on the switch on button by the red arrow I immediately get the Tom Tom logo in the screen then a message saying "Tom Tom Home has encountered a problem etc" and to notify Microsoft. When I click on "Dont Send" it justs shuts everything down. I have also reinstalled without any success.

One thing not mentioned yet is that when installing it offers an updated version of Tom Tom Home. I have tried both versions without success but just wonder what version others are using?

Will email Tom Tom but wonder if anyone has found an answer?

Thanks

Steve

Yeah I'm having the same problem as well - TomTom Home 1.1 just crashes every time I click that virual power button - have contacted Tomtom - they suggest reinstalling despite me having tried it on 3 different PCs, one of which is a completely clean PC. Will try exchanging it when I can.
kieronishere
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can I ask again if anyone who is having this problem has managed to get it sorted without exchanging their 910 for another unit? I need to make a judgement on whether to exchange mine or whether to wait for tomtom to fix what in my opinion has got to be a software/firmware issue as everything else seems to work.
MaxWild
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just received this from Tomtom 'support'...

At thre moment we do not have a solution for this issue.
We will contact you when we have a proper solution.

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team
Tumbleweed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bond007 wrote:
Folks,
May I ask, what is the response speed of the 910 like compared to say the 700 and 500 in terms of trying to browse the map, finding addresses etc. Is there any or much time lag or is the response quick? I appreciate that reading off an SD card (500) takes more time than say reading off the internal disk (700 & 910).
thanks

I'm not sure I'd agree with that, I have a 300 and a mate a 700, and the response time when dragging the screen around on his 700 is *far* slower than on my 300 (which has a slower processor as well). Reading off an SD card is limited only by memory& controller speeds, reading off a disk requires mechanical movement as well. And PC vendors are currently looking at using flash memory (the same memory inside SD cards) as a fast start up buffer for PC's, to avoid the wait for the disk.

Tw
sg16
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxWild wrote:
just received this from Tomtom 'support'...

At thre moment we do not have a solution for this issue.
We will contact you when we have a proper solution.

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

MaxWild is fortunate it seems, I am still awaiting any positive response to my question from Tom Tom. I did get an response just asking the same questions as Mike had asked earlier (Mike you need to claim copyright Smile ) but have heard nothing else. I have also thought of returning it to PC World as others have, but checking the website there doesn't seem to be any stock within 50 miles of me.

Will have to miss out on this option for a while it seems.

Steve
trevager
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Tomtom Home crash Reply with quote

I had the same problems with the home program crashing when trying to press the on switch onscreen.
I had to get my 910 replaced for various reasons including the clock displaying a different time every time I switched the unit on.
I still have the original installation of the software from my first 910 but now when I connect my replacement 910 the software does NOT crash and works as it was meant to.
Both 910s had 6.02 firmware so I dont really understand why one would cause the software to crash and the new one is fine.
I did also call Tomtom to report the problems on my first 910 and they said they are aware of problems with the home software and that they are working on a fix.
8)
hutchys
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have a TT910 still in the wrapper and has been since Monday. This was a bit of an impluse buy (first Sat Nav). My dilema is do I really need the 910? I very rarely drive abroard, dont drive in the US. I have bluetooth technology in my car, but maybe could use the I-Pod control. I was seduced also by voice commands on the 910. What I am thinking is TT One would do my needs just as well, but I am still tempted hence I still have the 910. I think what I am after is you all to say "take it out the packing it is head and shoulders above the TT One". I somehow dont think I will get this reply from everyone. So there you are can I be temted to keep the 910? All thoughts and answers appreciated.
Jim

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: