Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Home and Favourites disappear from GB map but not France.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Home and Favourites disappear from GB map but not France.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Home and Favourites disappear from GB map but not France. Reply with quote

For the second time in two weeks my Home and Favourites have disappeared from my GB map, although the ones on my France+ map are still there. Confused

Also the Warn when near POI's (Safety Camera Warning Sounds/Distance settings) have gone and I will have to reset them all. :x Again!

I'd saved a copy of my .cfg file and copied it back but they still won't show.

Has anyone any ideas why/how this happens Question I just can't figure out what could be causing it. Crying or Very sad

(If it does it again I'm going to Navigate to Beachy Head). :P
grayus
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure that your card is not locked when you set it up because if it is you loose your settings as soon as you switch off ,
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi grayus. Thanks for that.

I just double checked, just in case, but the card is not locked.

It went for months before without any trouble but just over two weeks ago it, for some unknown reason, lost the home, favourites and recent locations.

I put everything back but it did the same thing yesterday.

What I can't understand is, it keeps the home, favourites, recent locatons and Itinerary for the France+ map although I thought they were all kept in the same .cfg file.

I can't think of anything I've done differently to normal.

I'm now wondering if I could copy the .cfg file to a folder on my SD Card, just incase it happens again when I'm on holiday in two weeks.

Strange goings on. Confused
grayus
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know if your set up will allow you to use Sprite a backup prog . if so install that, and if anything is lost just press restore and every thing is AOk again, it has saved me hours of grief especially if my battery went down.
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance you have set the .cfg attributes to read only? Check with PC via your card reader. This file should not be read only.
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I do not know if your set up will allow you to use Sprite a backup prog .
Yes, grayus, my setup does allow the use of Sprite but recently I copied the two TomTom .cab files to a folder on my SD Card which I can, evidently, use to get it working again e.g. after a flat battery. However, after these recent problems, it looks like Sprite Backup will be coming my way soon. Smile

Quote:
Any chance you have set the .cfg attributes to read only?
Hi Mullet. I've checked the .cfg file and it's not set to read only, neither is the copy I've put on my hard drive.

You said check it with a card reader but it's not on my SD Card, it's on my Pocket PC, in the Program Files, Navigator folder. Would it cause any problems if I moved it from that folder to the SD Card Question

It still puzzles me that although there is only one .cfg file, it's still there and the France+ bits were available but not the GB. I would have thought that everything would have gone. Sad Confused

Thanks for your suggestions so far. :D
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="
You said check it with a card reader but it's not on my SD Card, it's on my Pocket PC, in the Program Files, Navigator folder. Would it cause any problems if I moved it from that folder to the SD Card Question [/quote]

I was thinking copy it back and forth to SD so the PC has full access via your card reader and not to rely on Active Sync which can be problematic.
Device is the proper location.
Truly a mystery.
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was thinking copy it back and forth to SD so the PC has full access via your card reader
Oh sorry, I misunderstood. I did use the Card reader and Desktop Explore to copy and paste the file.
Quote:
not to rely on Active Sync which can be problematic.
Too right, I call it Inactivsync, especially when installing maps. :P

Quote:
Device is the proper location.
I thought so, as that's where it was placed when I installed the software. I think I'll try putting a copy in the Folder I put on my card for the two .cab files. Evidently I can get back to normal, if something goes wrong, by installing them. Maybe I could then copy over the .cfg file. I'll have to wait until I've returned from a week away before I start experimenting.

Quote:
Truly a mystery.
It sure is. I wish I could think of something I may have done to cause it, I could then make sure not to do it again. Sad

It looks like it will remain a mystery.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: