Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How often do you get this kind of instruction?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How often do you get this kind of instruction?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TraceT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apologies for spelling, not being able to edit your posts is fustrating Rolling Eyes
gareth71
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alan_sh wrote:
Coming down the M56 from Chester to Manchester, I was told to come off at J9 only to see that I was to go back on to the M56 again...

I drive that road a lot and I've never seen that - J9 is the M56/M6 intersection, and it usually just gives you a "bear right" (or perhaps a "keep right") for staying on the M56 towards M'c'r.
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Driving along the inside lane on A26 in France yesterday, travelling at the 130kph, Jane suddenly instructed me to 'turn sharp left'. Confused

I should be out of hospital in about 6 months. :P
Mikeact
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good enough reason to turn him, or her, off.
Unplugged
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TraceT wrote:
hmmn, Thanks any way

Its strange to me why too but interesting to know.
I only bought my package last December.
The road I go on has been like it is now for the last few years at least. It was a simple junction on the left now it forks to that road. Still can't understand why TomTom would want to navigate off to come back on 300yds further down. To me it clearly shows the route you can take with the little black arrows on the maps.

If you plot a route from Ashford in Kent to Dover in Kent and look at the M20 Dover bound and follow it right to the end if meets up and becomes the A20. Right before the M20 ends and the A20 starts theres a stretch of road marked as "Unknown Road" as a consquence of this TomTom does not know if its a 20,30, DC or Motorway (it actually happsn to be a DC in this case) and because its an "Unknown Road" it will tell you to leave the motorway at J13 (the last junction) cross the roundabout and go back onto the A20. This is completly pointless as you can hamemr down the M20 and it turns into a 70 Dual Carrageway but because if the Unknown Road it will route you off the motrway and back on again.

This has been corrected in the latest maps so basically the problem lies partly with bad map data and partly with TomTom routing. TomTom will always ignore "Unnamed Roads" sometimes performing some bizaar routing unless it has no choice but to go down them or avoiding it will add more than say 5-10 minutes onto your trip.

At the end of the day its a navigation system not a road god and it will give get you from A to B but it can only act on what it knows. These little problems are annoying yes but at the end of the day even if you do take some odd routes its still a hell of a lot better than trying to read an A to Z when your traveling down the motorway and it even gives you the bonus of speed cam databases etc.
spile
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Coming down the M56 from Chester to Manchester, I was told to come off at J9 only to see that I was to go back on to the M56 again...

It happens with TT3 and sadly also TT5 on the M5 south, junction 3 Crying or Very sad
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just wish they would correct junction 8 on the m25 to sutton it askes you to leave the junction well after you have passed it ,and it still catches me out and i know about it as it has been like that since tt2 (although i do turn off at the right place)
lupos0_1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy-c1 wrote:
i just wish they would correct junction 8 on the m25 to sutton it askes you to leave the junction well after you have passed it ,and it still catches me out and i know about it as it has been like that since tt2 (although i do turn off at the right place)

Have you reported the error to tomtom and teleatlas?
Latest Maps
(Internal GPS)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: