Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Unique TomTom Splash Screen
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Unique TomTom Splash Screen
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michaelcrane wrote:

There's not an item in my house that isn't marked with my postcode . . . and everyone else in my Neighbourhood Watch Scheme are the same.

You mean you've marked them too? 8O
Navplate
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for all of the positive feedback and here is a update on the changes to the Navplate website.

Darren We have added PGPSW to the dropdown menu list in the "where did you hear about" section.

Biggles150 We have uploaded a Rover logo as reqested hope you like it?

Sniff We have added the GO Classic to our TomTom range.

please keep all the comments coming good or bad

Simon
biggles150
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Navplate :D
snooper815
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its easy just follow the steps below with a picture of your car & reg number

customize your TomTom GO with a personal picture that displays on start-up and shutdown! This is easily accomplished using your PC and the included USB cable. To change the TomTom splash screen follow the instructions below:

Select the image or photograph you want to have displayed on your TomTom GO
Open an image editing program (Paint, Microsoft Office Picture Manager, etc.)and rotate the selected image 90 degrees clockwise
Re-size the image to 320 pixels high x 240 pixels wide. (For TomTom Navigator the image needs to be resized to 320 pixels HIGH and 240 pixels WIDE.)
Save the image as a 24-bit Bitmap file named “splash.bmp”
Plug Your TomTom GO into your computer via the USB cable
Open your TomTom GO “hard drive” within My Computer
Locate the original splash file which is called “splash.bmp” and rename it to “splash1.bmp” (this naming allows you keep the original TomTom splash screen)
Copy your image (splash.bmp) from your computer to the same TomTom GO directory
Disconnect and boot up your TomTom GO. Your personalized picture should be there to greet you when you turn it on or off!
pip510
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snooper815 wrote:
its easy just follow the steps below with a picture of your car & reg number

customize your TomTom GO with a personal picture that displays on start-up and shutdown! This is easily accomplished using your PC and the included USB cable. To change the TomTom splash screen follow the instructions below:

Select the image or photograph you want to have displayed on your TomTom GO
Open an image editing program (Paint, Microsoft Office Picture Manager, etc.)and rotate the selected image 90 degrees clockwise
Re-size the image to 320 pixels high x 240 pixels wide. (For TomTom Navigator the image needs to be resized to 320 pixels HIGH and 240 pixels WIDE.)
Save the image as a 24-bit Bitmap file named “splash.bmp”
Plug Your TomTom GO into your computer via the USB cable
Open your TomTom GO “hard drive” within My Computer
Locate the original splash file which is called “splash.bmp” and rename it to “splash1.bmp” (this naming allows you keep the original TomTom splash screen)
Copy your image (splash.bmp) from your computer to the same TomTom GO directory
Disconnect and boot up your TomTom GO. Your personalized picture should be there to greet you when you turn it on or off!

A good point raised by This post and it made me remember that in the SDK menu's I have put my name and mobile number on there just in case my unit is stolen. Never thought about putting the VRM on as well. Worth considering though as anything that assists in getting the unit back to me is always a bonus. Not that I am silly enough to annouce its presence in my vehicle or leave it in there!

As for the post that some one said earlier about smartwater being not easy to remove from the unit once it is applied, as far as I am aware it cannot be removed once it has been applied as it is chemically bonded to the unit like dna.
Then again I think smart water is so cool I just can't praise it enough .....any thing that gets convictions is good in my book! :P

Let's Be Safe Out There
ChrisCubed
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or heres a novel idea! Why not just take a photo of your pride and joy (thats your vehicle ;) ) including the registration in the shot, and the use that as your splash!? Laughing
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pip510 wrote:
This post and it made me remember that in the SDK menu's I have put my name and mobile number on there just in case my unit is stolen. Never thought about putting the VRM on as well. Worth considering though as anything that assists in getting the unit back to me is always a bonus. Not that I am silly enough to annouce its presence in my vehicle or leave it in there!

Further to this, the POI warnings and menu can be customised. Create the verbal audio file stating you info. Next create "Owner Info" on the POI warning menu to play this info. To go eeeeven further, your sound file could be added to all POIs. So your info will be announced alongside every speed cam warning. Imagine Mr Scrote demoing this in the corner of the pub?
Though all of this can be removed again, it's probably beyond the realms of the single cell life forms that steal from parked cars.
Tumbleweed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mullet wrote:

Further to this, the POI warnings and menu can be customised. Create the verbal audio file stating you info. Next create "Owner Info" on the POI warning menu to play this info. To go eeeeven further, your sound file could be added to all POIs. So your info will be announced alongside every speed cam warning. Imagine Mr Scrote demoing this in the corner of the pub?

imagine how irritating that would be to you as you drive along.

Tw
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tumbleweed wrote:
Mullet wrote:

imagine how irritating that would be to you as you drive along.

Tw

To who, the receiver of the stolen device?
But yea totally agree, couldn't live with it myself. Just exploring the possibilities. Laughing
Unplugged
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm I imagine anyone out for nicking tomtoms knows how to change the splash and sounds.

As for a visual deterant after he has stowed your windows in and snatched the device from the window I dount hes going to sit in the car and power it on and even knowing its nicked someone will still buy it for £50 which is enougth for him to score for a few days.

Its like Mobiles they still get nicked dispite IMIE Blocking / Pins etc because even if they kick 5 phones 2 of them wont get reported or someone will buy them anyway and reverse enginner them.

dont leave the device in the car and you wont have a problem.
Tumbleweed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unplugged wrote:
Hmmmm I imagine anyone out for nicking tomtoms knows how to change the splash and sounds.

As for a visual deterant after he has stowed your windows in and snatched the device from the window I dount hes going to sit in the car and power it on and even knowing its nicked someone will still buy it for £50 which is enougth for him to score for a few days.

Its like Mobiles they still get nicked dispite IMIE Blocking / Pins etc because even if they kick 5 phones 2 of them wont get reported or someone will buy them anyway and reverse enginner them.

dont leave the device in the car and you wont have a problem.

Agreed, its amazing the lengths people will go to to avoid spending 30 seconds extra in the car, at the expense of several hours fixing their broken car, even if the TT was unusable, which it wont be.
djhoneymonster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: well Reply with quote

wouldnt it be great if the tom tom had a chip and pin device too? no seriously things are getting out of hand its a shame we have to talk about going to these lenghts ,a few year ago ya could leave ya front door wide open now ya lucky if someone steps out side and says hi without the fear of getting mugged by a stranger

what im trying to say is a secure pin would be a great seller anyone who can write programs for the tom tom you now know where the money is Laughing Out Loud

how about a splash screen saying you are being tracked by (your local) police station? tracking initiated ect........ wouldnt that be a novel idea Laughing Out Loud

Andrew Hornyak
(Site Subscriber)

from somewhere up north in sunderland uk
WWA
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: Unique TomTom Splash Screen Reply with quote

Navplate wrote:
We have just finished beta testing our new Navplate website and would welcome your constructive comments and suggestions please.

The site allows you to create a unique Navplate Splash Screen for your portable TomTom Satellite Navigation System and take a step towards reducing crime.

http://www.navplate.com

Thanks
Simon

Are your vehicle logos officially licensed, or do you pocket all the cash?
Tumbleweed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Agreed, its amazing the lengths people will go to to avoid spending 30 seconds extra in the car, at the expense of several hours fixing their broken car, even if the TT was unusable, which it wont be.

Just to add to that, a mate of mine had his TTOne nicked last week. Side window *and* windscreen smashed, he left it in the car 'because he was only going to be 5 minutes". I think he spent considerably longer than that sorting the insurance and car repairs out and is also down by whatever his excess is.

Tw
biggles150
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check This link and make your own for nothing 8)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: