Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How good is Route 66 Navigate 7 coverage for Ireland?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How good is Route 66 Navigate 7 coverage for Ireland?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jossyjacob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: How good is Route 66 Navigate 7 coverage for Ireland? Reply with quote

How good is Route 66 navigate 7 - Pocket PCcoverage for ireland. From there site it seems that they have street level coverage for Ireland?
bumpydog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using this for some time now (S60) and the street mapping for Ireland is generally very good. I've tried a number of 'out in the sticks' destinations and it's found then just fine. It even has all the POI's ( I found a small chinese restaurant in Trim, Co. Meath last week after just expecting to find the street it was on!). I've come across a few hiccups (all the locations/streets in Trim are showing as Navan!) and the odd roundabout with an exit missing! Most of the issues I have found I've fed back to Navtech. In summary, I am very impressed with the Irish mapping (but anything is an improvement on what was available prior to the Q4/2005 update!)

Now, what I really want to know is how will this compare to the S60 Destinator package that is due out at the end of April (with Q1/2006 maps)?

Malcolm.
jossyjacob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Waiting a bit more would be wise Reply with quote

I think a few softwares are going to come out with the latest maping. So it would be wise to wait a bit more
Steve101
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the Route 66 Navigator 7 package for my Mitac Mio 168. Although I can install the program, I get an error when it tries to run.

I have been waiting a week for Route 66 to come back to me with more than just the standard reply they give.

It does look like there is some sort of bug in the program. Although Im not waiting months, or even more than a few weeks for a fix.

I was delighted to see a program with full coverage of Republic of Ireland. I need it as I do a lot of driving. I would rather send the program back and wait until I can upgrade to Copilot 7 than have an unusable product. CP7 will probably make an appearance at the end of November 2006. Its a long time to go without the full coverage, but at least my CP6 works.

There is a patch on the Route 66 website for Navigator 7, but as the program won't run properly in the first place, its pointless having a patch. As far as im aware, the patch addresses other problems in the program and not its inability to run in the first place.

If anyone can share any information on when a fix is likely to make an appearance, it would stop me going bald!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: