Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - any news on v6 for pda's?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

any news on v6 for pda's?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
howardr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are you saying that I now have no upgrade option?

I have been sticking with v3 because I was put off by all the negative feedback on the v5 software.

I've recently been considering the upgrade so I can benefit from the latest maps, but you seem to be saying that

a) V5 upgrade is no longer available, and
b) I won't be able to upgrade from v3 to v6

Is this correct?

Google Maps on Samsung Galaxy S2
Mikeact
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that you ought to direct your question to the manufactuers/suppliers themselves, as how can us mortals possibly know the answer ?
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be honest the upgrades for v6 is pure guess work I'm afraid as soon as the official line comes from tomtom we'll let you know

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
howardr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have contacted Tom Tom and asked the same question - I await their response.

Whilst it will probably bother them not one jot, I have basically told them that I will take my business elsewhere if they are now going to treat me as a 'new customer' (ie: pay full price).

I think it's a bit much that they appear to supporting PDA users like 2nd class citizens when it is people such as those on this forum that have helped contribute to their success during the early years.

I'll post Tom Tom's response when (and if) I get a meaningful reply.

iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

howardr wrote:

Whilst it will probably bother them not one jot, I have basically told them that I will take my business elsewhere if they are now going to treat me as a 'new customer' (ie: pay full price).

I think it's a bit much that they appear to supporting PDA users like 2nd class citizens when it is people such as those on this forum that have helped contribute to their success during the early years.

Don't think they will be to bothered to loose your custom - one sale every 2 years - as they are making loads of money on Go's - pda's are a pain in the ass support wise.

To be fair to tomtom they made it very clear the upgrade offer was time limited - you would have been aware of that if you were reading these forums and or looking at tomtom.com

Tomtom have also always offered very good upgrade offers - better than everyone else in the industry - you may well be able to upgrade at a lower price.

I would be interested in any reply you receive though - V6 for pda's hasn't been announced yet so isn't even to vapourware yet.
a4ace
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

howardr wrote:

when tomtom did the upgrade promotion to version 5, version 2 and 3 owners paid the same price. it's a good indication of what might happen with version 6. but as alix776 said, it's pure guess work.
howardr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a reply today.

They have totally missed my point and advise that the update to 5.2 is free and avaialble on their site.

They have not addressed the issue of how I upgrade from v.3 to v.5 (which I need to do before I can update to 5.2).

Have re-stated my original request.

Whilst I appreciate they may have stated that this was a limited offer, I don't know of ANY software house that would expect a current user to pay full price for an upgrade to their existing software.

alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomtom won't be able to give you any info on the next version as they won't know anything yet the only people who will know will be the marketing and senior management customer support won't know anything or won't be allowed to give any info out so they have answered your question

the upgrade for v5 ran from march to november and was discounted to around 50 pounds for euro maps

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought TT4 (not realising it existed and assuming the bundle included the superior TT3) just before TT5 was released. TT support was complete rubbish when it came to tryign to find out what the upgrade path would be - they gave me several contradictory accounts of what would happen.

They have also never addressed any of the many bugs that were in TT4, that were then reproduced in TT5, and the additional TT5 bugs they greated. I have come to realise that their support staff are terrible and know nothing.
lupos0_1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that if you had purchased TT3 just before the upgrade came out (I believe three months) you got the upgrade for free Question

As for trying to find out what the upgrade procedure would be, if this was before the upgrade started, I doubt that the staff at TomTom were informed even themselves so that could be why they were unable to help.
Latest Maps
(Internal GPS)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: