Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HP4700 Windows mobile 5 and TT5.21
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HP4700 Windows mobile 5 and TT5.21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markblades
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: HP4700 Windows mobile 5 and TT5.21 Reply with quote

Hi:
I just upgraded my ipaq 4700 to WM5 on the HP USA site. After upgrading I have re-installed TT5.21 and my stowaway BT keyboard drivers.

Since upgrading I have been getting lots of errors with the error reporting software built into WM5 mainly saying that a problem occured in gwes.exe.

Can any of the 4700 users in the forum who are now using WM5 confirm this error. I am trying to work out if the error is WM5 TOMTOM or the stowaway driver berfore I install anything else.

I have now disabled error reporting which has stopped the nag screen, but I am unsure whether the program is still crashing in the background.

Also, when I connect to my BT keyboard or BT gps (TOMTOM MKII) I now have a choice of bluetooth stacks to connect to either microsoft built-in or wdcomm.

Which should I choose.

Any help appreciated

Regards

Mark
Burn1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The Graphics, Windowing and Events Subsystem (GWES) is responsible for all graphical output and all interactions with the user.
The drivers that reside in the GWES address space include display drivers, printer drivers, keyboard drivers, mouse drivers, and touch screen drivers." May be worth looking at the keyboard driver for an update for WM5. Can't help on the BT.
markblades
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for the info, my thinkoutside BT keyboard is alleged to be WM5 compatible with my current driver (4.4). Anyone else having problems with WM5 and hp4700?

Thanks

Mark
andyjenkins
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working fine here with WM5.0 & TT5.21.
andyjenkins
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well apart from not particulally fast refresh rate - either in landscape or portrait that is Confused
markblades
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I tried TOMTOM on my way home from work this evening and all was fine. If anything it seemed a tad smoother than with 2003SE.

Don't know if I'm still getting the error as I have the reporting function switched off. Fingers crossed that it staysd stable.

Mark
Burn1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, just noticed on another post the following

"Turns out that thinkoutside BT keyboard driver for WM5 doesnt work on our 4700... I am considering rolling back and wait for driver updates since I do a lot of note taking with my 4700[/quote]

Did you send a e-mail to thinkoutside support about this problem?

Thank you very much"
Link below.
http://www.mobilitysite.com/forums/showthread.php?s=453eb41a59ff3165dd82b678d6b3ed5f&t=28698&page=3
markblades
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up. It may be the keyboard thats glitching with WM5 then. Although, I have used it since upgrading to take notes (mainly using softmaker office APPS). It did take a few attempts to get the device to pair but it seems reliable now.

Anyhow. I will send an email to thinkoutside and see what they say.

thanks again

Mark

ps. TT5.21 still working fine with WM5 and 4700 combo. continuous use for much of the day and not a problem.

pps. Anybody updating to WMS that has downloaded the new GBplus map (v632) to use in place of an existing gbplus map take note of the following. You will need the original product licence code that came with the CD maps and not the licence given by tomtom when you buy the single map for download in order to activate the map.

This caused more than a few blue words at the time!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: