Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Anquet and the ipaq
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Anquet and the ipaq

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vladivar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Anquet and the ipaq Reply with quote

I have just bought the national parks of great britain for my HP 6515 Ipaq. I can get the maps up no problem, but I cant get the gps system to work within the new Anquet 6 program. I have an internal GPS and the GPS configure within the software asks for 3 things. The type Garmin,magellan or NMEA. I pick NMEA. The baud rate. I use 5600 for the tom tom gps. and the com port 1-10 or unknown. No matter what setting I put it on it says wrong port. Any ideas????

Vladivar
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have other mapping product on your PDA?

If they work find out what port is being used and try that.

Phil
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case you are still having problems...

Use NMEA and 4800 baud for the comms options - the prot will depend on your PDA. My TomTom Bluetooth GPS and Dell Axim 51v work on COM7: - but that is how it chose to assign the port.

I used to use a CF GPS card in an iPaq - that used COM4:

But your choice of bitrate for the NMEA device MUST be 4800 - it's a defacto standard to ensure that all navigation equipment (especially marine) can talk to one another.

Phil
sven1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have similar problems using an Ipaq 4150 and a BT 74S. I have been unable to get Anquet 1.2 or 6.1 working. There is nothing wrong with the receiver or the BT connection as tomtom uses it fine. I have uninstalled tom tom as some have said it can hog the device but still no luck. a scan or entering ports / protocols/ baud rates manually fail to find the device. When tomtom found the receiver it found it on BT serial port 6. Anquet has no BT com port just comm 1-10 (which all find nothing) and something called other that I can't read properly but it crashes when selected. sorry about the ramble but I am at a loss to what to try next.

TIA Jon
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sven1 - have you downloaded the latest version from the Anquet website? It's 6.0.10 at present. Also - when you do the upgrade you need to de-install the PocketAnquet version prior to doing the PPC upgrade.

Perversley - I had no problems with my AXIM X51v , TomTomII GPS and PocketAnquet (other than the original 6.0.0 version used to crash when live track moved of the edge of some maps). I had problems with my older GARMIN GPSII+ and the PC version of Anquet 6 - it was 6.0.8 before these communicated properly.

I assume you have posted a query on the Anquet web site - they have good support staff that are keen to get it working on as many devices as possible.
sven1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorted now thanks. hard reset of PDA required. Seems to stem from my TT5 being an upgrade from TT3 and the old TT3 GPS driver still being there.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Anquet All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: