Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Individual Speed Cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Individual Speed Cameras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Almahadeus
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Individual Speed Cameras Reply with quote

Why is the Garmin release of the speed cam database now has single file versions for the Gatso and Mobile cameras instead of the individual files for each speed ? This was a nice option to have that has been removed just before starting to charge for the b****y thing. Question
adamf
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

use the csv files in the speeded zones.. and use the bmps out of the ov2 file Wink
Almahadeus
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamf wrote:
use the csv files in the speeded zones.. and use the bmps out of the ov2 file Wink

I know but why do they complicate things even more ? look at the number of people always asking which files to use. Make it simple guys ...Please.
Rob500
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To confuse even more, most of the camera bitmaps in the Garmin folder are not 16 colour which means that they are ignored on the Nuvi. I converted them to 16 colour once I'd realised this was why they were not appearing but it would be helpful if they were 16 colour to begin with.
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have loaded the January database but am getting a black and white box displaying on the map instead of the speed camera signs with the January database changes?? The warnings appear in red text and the usual "bong" is also present.

I have checked the zip file and the .bmp files all display the proper speed camera logos and the .csv file names exactly match the .bmp ones. I reloaded the December database and the speed cameras were properly displayed (albeit with the red and white circles and black text) but reloading the January ones still resulted in the black and white box displaying for both GATSO and Mobile cameras.

Can anyone help please.

Thanks
marbar2k
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the exact problem i am having, i was just about to post about it!

BAVC10 wrote:
I have loaded the January database but am getting a black and white box displaying on the map instead of the speed camera signs with the January database changes?? The warnings appear in red text and the usual "bong" is also present.

I have checked the zip file and the .bmp files all display the proper speed camera logos and the .csv file names exactly match the .bmp ones. I reloaded the December database and the speed cameras were properly displayed (albeit with the red and white circles and black text) but reloading the January ones still resulted in the black and white box displaying for both GATSO and Mobile cameras.

Can anyone help please.

Thanks
Rob500
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which set of bitmap files are you using? The ones in the Garmin folder for January are mostly set as 2 colour rather tha 16 (i.e. 4 bits per pixel) which is what is required on the Nuvi. The answer is to use a suitable graphics manipulation program to change the number of bits per pixel for each bitmap to 4 instead of 1.
RODTROTTER
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got the new data base put in on my i3 and all workin fine no problems at all i also think having less files is better
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob500

Thanks - I was using the ones supplied in the Garmin folder, however, I renamed MaFt's .bmp files to those of the pocketgps_uk_...... ones and the symbols work fine, so I assume the issue does relate to the number of bits per pixel.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAVC10 wrote:
Rob500

Thanks - I was using the ones supplied in the Garmin folder, however, I renamed MaFt's .bmp files to those of the pocketgps_uk_...... ones and the symbols work fine, so I assume the issue does relate to the number of bits per pixel.

the CamRename.bat file automates the renaming process - much easier ;) it renames the PGPSW csv files to match the bitmaps that work and means that the speed cams show up at the bottom of the list.

again, i agree that it's better with less files - how often do you look for the icon when you hear the 'bong' - particularly if you're not speeding and the icon isn't even visible on the i3 (not sure about other garmin units though). it's as easy to look at the top of the i3. a single gatso file means a lot less clutter in the poi lists.

MaFt

ps - i presume once we get charged for the database we will have a right to ask for either speed-zoned or single file... don't quote me on that though!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: